Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ss-v.t. Id disc

Article about: I was looking at some SS-V.T. ID discs on the forum, so I wanted to post a pic of my "GERMANIA" ID disc. The disc is zinc with some corrosion, but it is still easily read. It reads

Default Ss-v.t. Id disc

I was looking at some SS-V.T. ID discs on the forum, so I wanted to post a pic of my "GERMANIA" ID disc. The disc is zinc with some corrosion, but it is still easily read. It reads: 5./ E. SS G. 10756 SS-V.T. I could find no blood type on either side of the disc. I have owned a few WSS soldbuchs & wehrpasses with SS-V.T. erkennungsmarke entries. The pic is not the best quality, but the details of the disc can still be seen. Any comments and/or opinions about this ID disc would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss-v.t. Id disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss-v.t. Id disc
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss-v.t. Id disc

The high Stammrollennummer makes it somewhat understandable there's no blood group letter- the disc is probably unissued stock. But it's a nice one- not rare by any means- but nice.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Default Re: Ss-v.t. Id disc

Thank you for the info about the disc. Are you saying that any SS-V.T. or other early SS ersatz unit ID discs with a high stammrollennummer are unissued stock? Also, what about an ersatz unit ID disc with a very low stammrollennummer, such as 25 or lower? Thanks again for your help.