Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

SS-Verfugungstruppe Na. E. Abt.

Article about: eye catching - is not it? From same friend as SS Norge EKM. I can not imagine what would happend if some officer (not from front) would see that custom design.

Default SS-Verfugungstruppe Na. E. Abt.

eye catching - is not it? From same friend as SS Norge EKM.
    I can not imagine what would happend if some officer (not from front) would see that custom design.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS-Verfugungstruppe Na. E. Abt.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS-Verfugungstruppe Na. E. Abt.

Very interesting- I've never seen a customization like that. Discs put in leather pouches, sure, but not riveted to some kind of leather tab. Cool
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

As Matt says a very interesting tag wonder why they chose to do it this way instead of using the pouch !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

thank you guys!

?

Well I've seen a KM disc that was altered to take a watchband so it could be worn on the wrist! Soldiers do odd things LOL Obviously that leather tab had more to it once, so perhaps it was part of a pouch and rather than the usual cord still going through it in the pouch, maybe it was riveted in so as to be more secure? Who knows...

I heared about KM disk on hand... that is nice aswell.
    THat one maybe was attached to a belt? who knows.. but it deffinetly has a heart. I am not sure if it visible, but SS are just written like letters, not symbols.

?

Yes, that's normal for that particular 'SS-Verfügungstruppe' stamp; on the whole, I think the usual Latin alphabet 'S' is as common as the Sigrune; the latter had to be made specially, while a regular 'S' would be part of every stamp set so rather more common and easier to get.

What is interesting about this particular unit is that they don't put 'SS' as part of the unit text- strictly-speaking the unit is 'SS-Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung', not just 'Nachrichten-Ersatz-Abteilung', but for some reason they didn't bother with the 'SS'- perhaps the SSVT mark on the back was considered sufficient...