Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS Wallone

Article about: Hello! Is this identity disc genuine? Allegedly in Estonia found. For me makes the mark belly-hurt. greeting

?

Default SS Wallone

Hello! Is this identity disc genuine? Allegedly in Estonia found. For me makes the mark belly-hurt. greeting
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Wallone  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Wallone
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Wallone

Nope, that one's fake; the exact same crappy font is used on this fake SS-Sturmgeschütz disc (note the little space at the top of the 'S')

SS Wallone
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

I that white got, if stamp-corrode both are alike. why is then with the SS Pz. STG EKM. ne gap in S and with the Wallone not. ? But do not stamp-corrode the same? greeting

?

The SS-Sturmgeschütz disc is a fake- therefore if one sees the exact same lettering on any other disc, that other disc must therefore be a fake as well. Fakers are not using original wartime stamps, so you will never see an original and a fake with the exact same letters. Virtually every single Kompanie in the German military had unique stamps for its Erkennungsmarken- therefore virtually every single unit's discs should be different. If two very different units have the exact same lettering, that's a sign of a fake.

?

Thanks for the exact explanation! greeting

?

No problem Häger, I'm always happy to help.

As i've recently learnt, sans serif font and all caps letters is not a good sign also. (had to throw 3 tags away )

?

Indeed that's always something that should immediately cause concern; and there are other problems as well: I don't know if it's reasonable to abbreviate "Wallonien", which is the proper name, to "Wallon.", the formal title of the unit has 'Freiwilligen' (volunteer) in it, so its absensce on the disc is strange, and they had 2 Batterien of Sturmgeschütze, so the lack of a number here is a clear error as it suggests there was only one.

?

Never seen an abreviation to Wallon Matt for anything from this Sturmbrigade another mistake by the faker !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Looks times here, therefore it went….
    The mark is of the design a so-called bath Driburg Fake. It could also mixes from bath Driburg and " Large L" Series its.
    greeting

Wallonien - Militaria Fundforum

Das MFF - Merkmale einer Diktatur - Seite 12 - Militaria Fundforum