Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke

Article about: And another one also found in Czech. Hope you like it. Here is some more info i got from a friend: Partition is created in August 1942 in the Netherlands, one of the existing battery backup

Default SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke

And another one also found in Czech. Hope you like it.

Here is some more info i got from a friend:

Partition is created in August 1942 in the Netherlands, one of the existing battery backup partition (4th Batterie / SS Infanterie Geschütz Ersatzabteilung). In September 1942, the division was renamed SS Werfer Ausbildungs Batterie and at the end of 1942, it created the 102nd SS Werfer Abt

In early 1943's in Wienhausen built a new training section of the same name (SS Werfer Ausbildungs und Ersatz Abteilung), in November 1943, he moved to the town of Sambor (today Sambir / Самбір, Ukraine) in January 1944 to a training area "Kurmark '(the city of Cottbus) and in March 1945 the city Eggenburg (north of Vienna). In Austria, is deployed in combat against Soviet troops, partly as infantry. Section at the end of the war had yet to send one battery, equipped with rocket launchers r 21 cm, to the newly built 31st SS division.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke   SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Werfer Erkennungsmarke

Very cool- I love these single-stamp unit discs.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Hey buddy, that was fast
    I'm glad you like it

?

I usually peruse the forum for a few minutes with my morning coffee so it was good timing

Yeah, I've always thought the Nebelwerfer were wild weapons- probably no fun at all to be on the wrong end of, but wild to see in action (in films). I have a couple of Heer 'Nbl.' unit discs myself but have only ever seen this SS one in pictures- still have actually LOL

And you have it right- this was the unit created in June 1943 in Wienhausen bei Celle- my listing has a bit different a 'movement' story though:

Created in June, 1943 in Wienhausen bei Celle; 1.11.1943 the unit moved to Sambor/Generalgouvernement; 15.4.1944
    moved again to Lübbinchen bei Guben and finally on 15.2.1945 moved to Langlingen bei Celle.

The Lexikon der Wehrmacht listing is probably where your friend got all that but he left out a few interesting details- the relevant full text reads:

The unit was re-created as a full Abteilung in Wienhausen (bei Celle). In November 1943, the unit was moved to Sambor in Galicia because it was thought that the rockets were probably good against partisans.
    They were not, and therefore the unit was moved again in January 1944 to the Truppenübungslatz Kurmark. Because of large-scale offensives by the Russians a year later, the Abteilung created a heavy battery to fight with the 32. SS-Freiwilligen-Grenadier-Division "30. Januar". But this ended once they had run out of ammunition. In March 1945 the unit moved to Eggenburg, north of Vienna. There it continued to train, but soon after it had to go into action again against the Soviet advance. Since the ammunition supply was still very low, after a short time the unit had to fight as infantry. They were still able to set up a fully-equipped 21cm battery though and fought with the SS-Kampgruppe Division Böhmen-Mahren in the final battles in April.

Another nice pick up Don !

Great info too!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Damned! What a good piece!

I'm glad you liked it guys
    Matt thanks for the complete info mate

Hello
    All Werfer SS plates which are seen as the ones you show here, but I saw one that I do not know if it can be original or not.

Do you think you, is good or not?

The photograph I know it's not very good

?

It's doubtful SoladoRaso- there appears to be a light-coloured 'halo' around the letters, which indicates it was an older disc that was stamped after it turned gray- meaning it's a fake. If the photo were better it could be said with more certainty and we could probably match the letter font with known fake fonts.

This all is very interesting, I would like to know more about the SS Werfer-Ausbildungs-und Ersatz Abteilung.
    Here is my latest pickup with number 1944 ( was found in the eastern part of Germany)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast