Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Staatliche Kriminalpolize warrant disc: Real or Fake?????

Article about: WW2 german warrant identification disc - 'Staatliche Kriminalpolizei' - Fake or Real please help? WW2 german warrant identification disc - 'Staatliche Kriminalpolizei' - Fake or Real please

Debbie Lea Lynham
    ?

Default Staatliche Kriminalpolize warrant disc: Real or Fake?????

WW2 german warrant identification disc - 'Staatliche Kriminalpolizei' - Fake or Real please help?

WW2 german warrant identification disc - 'Staatliche Kriminalpolizei' - Fake or Real please help?

2. # ADS

I can't say to be honest, but they were very heavily reproduced. World Wide Arms (amongst others) sold similar ones to this as reproductions.

Hi Debbie welcome to the forum....I have to echo Harrys thoughts also..as more of these were reproduced..than ever originally distributed during the period. Hard to say about the ID disk you posted. Some of our ID disk collectors will be along shortly to answer any questions you may have. The disk forum you are in is loaded with many threads concerning this topic also. Enjoy your stay..and be patient ..someone will be along shortly. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

I am NO expert but as a rule these were very well made and the stamping quite accurate and crisp. I cannot believe crooked numbers would ever have been acceptable under the strict regime of the time!

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Hi Debbie,

It doesn't conform with known originals if this real example is used for comparison.

Staatliche Kriminalpolize warrant disc: Real or Fake????? Staatliche Kriminalpolize warrant disc: Real or Fake?????

Note the difference in serifs on the letters, the 'I' in particular, they are not the same at all. Also there are differences in the eagle that are completely dissimilar.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.