Article about: STALAG X III B Nr. 15 764 Weiden / Oberpfalz Thomas

TCL
    ?

Default Stalag x iii b

STALAG X III B
    Nr. 15 764
    Weiden / Oberpfalz
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalag x iii b   Stalag x iii b  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stalag x iii b
    P
    Many

Hi TCL. Where did you get it from? I have a collection with 100 STALAG XIII B and I'm very sure that you got a fake ID.

Greeting

Tiger IV

TCL
    ?

If it´s a fake, let it be a fake
    to which authority you work

Quote by TCL View Post
    If it´s a fake, let it be a fake
    I wish everyone who comes here with Grandad's war booty took it as well as that!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

How about posting one of yours Tiger, so we can see how they compare?
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Here are two refurbished and one cleaned ID-Tag. I've never seen a ID-Tag from STALAG XIIIB with a surface/ grain like TCL's ID-Tag. It looks like a faked ID-Tag tuned with acid to "oldstyle". The surface is totally different to all my objects and I've never detected rost on one of them.

The "5" and "6" on pic #1 is definitely different and my ID-Tag's number is very close to TCL's.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stalag x iii b   Stalag x iii b  

Stalag x iii b  

Stalag x iii b

I only have one or two PoW dog tags, this one is from Stalag 318 VIIIF but not very tarnished/corroded or rusted just light patina. I presume they were all made from same type of metal?

Stalag x iii b

And one from Stalag IA
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

TCL
    ?

Hello,
    I expected after the 5 numbers a "R" or "F" (R-Russian), about the "OR" at mine, I´m still looking. My tag is one of a couple, found in the ground, all naturally glued together. You will find this kind of Tag (OR) 5 numbers even in the German MFF. Just have a look at the "ST".
    Greetings Thomas

TCL
    ?

maybe a forger has buried the tags and a detectorists found by chance.

the Oflag is different and I got one of the Stalag tags, nearly without any ageing. And, I just realized this, have an eye on the breaking point.

Last edited by TCL; 09-17-2013 at 03:36 PM.

?

Quote by Tiger IV View Post
    Here are two refurbished and one cleaned ID-Tag. I've never seen a ID-Tag from STALAG XIIIB with a surface/ grain like TCL's ID-Tag. It looks like a faked ID-Tag tuned with acid to "oldstyle". The surface is totally different to all my objects and I've never detected rost on one of them.

The "5" and "6" on pic #1 is definitely different and my ID-Tag's number is very close to TCL's.
    They look exactly the same to me; even the rather badly worn 'B' appears to be the same as on one of yours. I've superimposed some of the characters from two of your tags on top of the 'questionable' one, and they certainly do appear to be identical so I'd say it's just fine

Stalag x iii b

And the patina is fine too- I've seen real zinc discs dark brown like that. Not often, but I have seen them. I have one right here in fact. The presence of rust just means something iron was nearby in the ground; it would seem that the very dark patina was created by pretty harsh conditions, so some rust seems reasonable as the iron would have been badly attacked too I should think.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast