Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken

Article about: Gday, I found this one recently its my first one so hopefully its original. Stambattr, I believe is a cadre or training battery and A.E.A would stand for artillery ertsatz battalion? maybe?

4md
    ?

Default Stambattr. Erkennungsmarken

Gday, I found this one recently its my first one so hopefully its original. Stambattr, I believe is a cadre or training battery and A.E.A would stand for artillery ertsatz battalion? maybe?
    the attached cord looks like the same that is used for helmet liners, but on examination of one of my helmets, its a larger diameter rope

any comments or additional info would be most welcome

regards Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken   Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken  

Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken  
    Last edited by 4md; 04-22-2013 at 11:40 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Stammbattr. Erkennungsmarken

Yup, that's the Stammbatterie Artillerie-Ersatz-Abteilung 17; and an original member too, judging by the double-digit roll number. The cord looks original enough- especially how it's rather nicely stitched closed and not just knotted. These do seem to have been replaced a fair amount during use, so it's not necessarily the case that it's the very first one though. Very nice
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

4md
    ?

Cheers Matt, i wasnt sure the 15 was a roll number as its so low, thanks for the info

all the best
    Paul

?

Sure thing Paul- happy to help. The disc has the interesting feature too of using the little dash above the 'm' in 'Stam' to indicate a repeat- it's not a super-rare marking, but not a common one by any means. Typically in English that indicates a pronunciation- that the letter is pronounced as the letter name is- and I only know it as meaning 'repeat' from mathematics actually...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...