Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Tags real or fake?

Article about: Hi, I need a bit more advice ,are these tags real or fake , I think the broken one may Be ww1,and the aluminium one is ww2, also can anyone tell me what company they are from, Thanks, Spring

Default Tags real or fake?

Hi, I need a bit more advice ,are these tags real or fake , I think the broken one may Be ww1,and the aluminium one is ww2, also can anyone tell me what company they are from,
    Thanks,
    Springer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Tags real or fake?   Tags real or fake?  

Tags real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Tags real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Tags real or fake?

Yes, the broken one is an intermediate-design WWI disc- large oval, with break slits but no bottom hole. The unit is 1. Kompanie, Infanterie-Regiment 50 and 44 was the man's roll number. The soldier's name and home town are on the obverse with his birthdate.

The other one I believe is 5. Kompanie Luftschütz-Rekrutenkommando Mühldorf. THey both look real to me.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Nice one Springer! Good to see you have some original and interesting items after the recent fake issue. I trust these examples will complement your collection nicely.

That sounds great, I've had the ww1 for a few years my son found it in some junk some one was selling ,The ww2 I bought for a few dollars just to compare different I d tags from different countries, but the more you look at these erkennungsmarken the more interesting you find them, so I may have found a new interest. This forum has taught me a great deal, and now it seems funny I was fooled by that HD tag so easily.

Could the L.S.R. stand for Landesschuetzenregiment?
    cheers, Glenn

?

You have to look at all the information to 'translate' abbreviations Glenn, not just one part- it's necessary that it all fits together; so it wouldn't just be Landesschützen-Regiment, it'd be 5. Kompanie Landesschützen-Regiment-Kommando, which doesn't make any sense. You can have a Kommando section of a large unit like a Division, but for a Regiment the command is the Stab, and then it'd be Stab instead of 5. Kompanie- it couldn't be both. So that elminates Landesschützen-Regiment as a possibility for the 'LSR' part. Not only that but Regimenter generally have numbers, not cities as their specific identifiers. That's three strikes LOL
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...