Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Trace owners of discs....

Article about: i have a collection of 6 complete discs and 2 half discs...and am interested in find our who they belonged to...is there a register somewhere that i can use to find out the owners of these d

Default Trace owners of discs....

i have a collection of 6 complete discs and 2 half discs...and am interested in find our who they belonged to...is there a register somewhere that i can use to find out the owners of these discs.....

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Trace owners of discs....
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Trace owners of discs....

Welcome to the forum the quick answer is yes there are registers and records held by the German War Graves , the Volksbund, but they will not hand out the information unless you are next of kin so no you won't be able to find out the details !!

If you post the discs we can help with unit identification and history etc if you haven't already done that,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly the short answer is no.

The archives are closed for research on this, unless you are a family member of the soldier concerned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....Trace owners of discs....

Think i may have duplicated 2........
    Last edited by KarenButterfly; 08-11-2012 at 12:32 PM.

?

Starting from the top left and going across, the first one is RAD- Reichsarbeitsdienst- although I can't make out all the markings; next is leichte-Heimatflak-Batterie 18/ Luftkreis XI (light homeland antiaircraft battery 18- weapons below 8,8cm); then there's Stammkompanie Grenadier-Ersatz-Bataillon 89/368 - a regular Grenadier replacement unit, with an uncommon marking- both GEB89 and GEB368 were in the same Wehrkreis, but not the same town; perhaps they shared a Stammkompanie for efficiency? Next row: 5. Ausbildungs-Kompanie der Sanitäts-Ersatz-Abteilung der Luftwaffe- training company in the Luftwaffe medic replacement detachment; then there's the Luftwaffen Munitionslager Kittlitztreben (Luftwaffe munitions depot Kittlitztreben); last is 3. Kompanie Flieger-Ausbildungs-Regiment 23 (flier training regiment 23). Last row: a 1944 Kriegsmarine disc that just has the soldier's roll number; then 2. Batterie Flak-Ersatz-Abteilung 4 (Flak replacement detachment 4) and that same Grendier from the top row.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

thanks for your reply matt...do they all seem genuine to you...

?

Sure thing and yes, they're all real You generally only have to be very careful of SS discs, but regular army and Luftwaffe stuff is not faked much.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...