Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

trying to ID a german Erkennungsmarken ID

Article about: I'm looking at buying a Erkennungsmarken ID, (no pictures ) with LAND SCHUTZ ERS BATL. Can't find anything on it. Any ideas ? And if you have a link in german please don't submit. I don't sp

Default trying to ID a german Erkennungsmarken ID

I'm looking at buying a Erkennungsmarken ID, (no pictures ) with LAND SCHUTZ ERS BATL. Can't find anything on it. Any ideas ? And if you have a link in german please don't submit. I don't speak or read german. Thank you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement trying to ID a german Erkennungsmarken ID
    P
    Many

?

I would suggest that you never buy any Erkennungsmarken without pictures. You are unlikely to get any responses without pictures either, at least not useful ones. Most of the resources we use to verify units are in German language. In order to collect effectively or read the units information you will need to at least figure out google translate. The information you provided in this initial post is the abbreviation for landshutzen ersatz battalion, there should be more information on the disk than this.

?

Yes, Eike is right. Post photo's of the EKM. This is your second thread where you ask info about a unit, but you have never posted any photo's. If you want real help you need to do this and also a basic understanding of the German language is advised.
    A small thing to do if you are serious about collection in my opinion.

Regards, Rik

?

I forgot to mention a couple of other things about your post. There is a really good search function in the forum you may not be familiar with it but it will save you a lot of trouble. if you just place the terms you initially wrote "LAND SCHUTZ ERS BATL" into the little box that says google at the top of the page to the right and below the forum banner you will get a couple of threads that show disks with this stamping, questions and answers both.

The other thing about posting pictures with your questions is that helps all the members of the forum so others can learn from your question.

Type the details from the top of the tag down. Most likely digits at the top are the mans personal roster number, the company and unit details below. May also have blood group details, but not always on a Landschutz tag. The Landschutz units were chiefly made up of older men, this is not an elite unit, but they would be used for local defence/security.

Photos always help, doubt it will be fake as there are thousands about.