Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Two erkennungsmarke, help to identify the military unit.

Article about: Hello to all. I'm in difficulty to identify the military unit that issued these two EKM. I just understand that the first is related to the Latvian Police and that the second could be Landes

Default Two erkennungsmarke, help to identify the military unit.

Hello to all. I'm in difficulty to identify the military unit that issued these two EKM. I just understand that the first is related to the Latvian Police and that the second could be Landesschützen Batallion 9 (L.S.B. 9) but I'm not sure and I do not know what the acronym means "L.H.". I thank you in advance for your help.
    Giovanni

Two erkennungsmarke, help to identify the military unit.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two erkennungsmarke, help to identify the military unit.
    P
    Many

?

This is what I found on the first one, if I'm right: Lettische Polizei Feld-Batallion/317. Just search for Lettische Polizei Batallion and you will find info about it. It took me 2 minutes, so I think you can do it yourself too

Thank you, I have done the research, but one of my doubts and if "F" stands for "feld", "freiwilligen" or "front". I would be for the latter hypothesis.

?

Is it not an E , for Ersatz Bataillon ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

It is definitely an "F". The photos can be enlarged.

?

There was one german forum I found, and there I saw them stating that 'F' stands for Feld. It was on forum-der-wehrmacht.de. Look for Fremdländische Polizei Btl.
    Last edited by Rik.S; 06-01-2016 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Link didn't work

On this Internet page, in the end, I found the complete definition of the military department that has "F" as "Front": Lettische Polizei Front Bataillon 317.

Definition of Operation Heinrich

?

Nice one I didn't look good enough then. But nice to know you have your awnser.

Thanks to all of the answers. In relation to the second EKM, I have done the research on Lexikon der Wehrmacht and found out the military unit: Landesschützen-Ersatz-Bataillon 9. But no indication the code "L.H." and I'm not sure. Then on the same website I also found: Landesschützen-Bataillon 551, but even here nothing "L.H.".

?

Could LH be "Lettische Hilfswilliger" You seem to have it on a couple of different tags but I cannot find a clear reference for it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast