Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

two SS dog tags

Article about: Hi. I would like to get some SS dog tags in my collection and I stumbled upon these 2. They are both from the same seller who seems very serious but I just wanted to make sure they are both

?

Default two SS dog tags

Hi. I would like to get some SS dog tags in my collection and I stumbled upon these 2. They are both from the same seller who seems very serious but I just wanted to make sure they are both good before i purchase them. The seller says that the first one is filled with a marker so he could photo the tag (It is a relic), does this mean you can't see the text/numbers normaly? I am paying 100 GBP for them which I guess is a good price.

Attachment 349705
    Attachment 349704
    Attachment 349706
    Attachment 349707

Attachment 349708
    Attachment 349709
    Attachment 349710
    Attachment 349711

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement two SS dog tags
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: two SS dog tags

The first one is a RAD tag where someone has then stamped some SS Runes on it , the second one i believe to be a Polish fake unfortunately , who is the seller ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

?

They should know better !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

The seller sells some pretty good things but he states in his website "I'm as human as you, I get fooled by fakes too!" It's safest to buy relics he's dug himself. I believe he wrote in the description for the first tag that it was from an RAD man engaged in SS auxiliary service during the end of the war...?

R

?

"During the final months of the war RAD men formed 6 major frontline units, which were involved with serious fighting. On the western front Reicharbeitsdienst troops were used as reinforcements to the 9SS Engineer Abt in the fighting to retake the northern end of the Arnhem bridge from British Paratroopers

Actual find location not known, as it from an estate sale."

?

What a nice story !! RAD men were being transferred into the Heer / Waffen SS all the time and in that case they would have retained their RAD Tags or been issued with an SS tag from their respective unit , in this case Hohenstaufen , not had random SS runes stamped onto a RAD Tag !!

1st July 1916

?

Ah well, the seller must have been taken in by a tall story. Good thing you posted the tags here first, Dan When I used this seller, I bought a machine gun belt, stick grenade and a couple of other relics which he'd found himself; it's the best way of telling whether or not they're genuine, as he tends to sell some questionable stuff which he might think is real.

Robbie

?

Yeah, you can rarely take a seller's reputation into account when considering Erkennungsmarken- they're way too specialized an item to expect an average dealer to know well enough not to be taken in by fakes. It's definitely a good thing you asked first Monuir because these are both junk. The first is doubtless an original RAD disc, but the story is pretty dodgy- the serial number is awfully low to be a 'late-war' example, and it's highly dubious that they'd just mark 'SS' on them or anything at all for that matter if the man really were suddely put into an SS unit. There's no need for one thing, and the fact that it's just a typical faker trick is infinitely more likely. It's done all the time- adding something to an original disc to make it appear more valuable. The second one is just obviously bad- the usual tall, narrow, sans-serif lettering and such. Definitely don't buy either one.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

?

Thank you very much guys! I'm glad that I decided to check up on them before i bought them!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast