Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

W.Art.Rgt.d.SS 19 Lett.Art.Rgt.Nr 2

Article about: Hi guys, what do you think of this SS dog tag? This is original or not? I would appreciate any info on the unit. Thank you. Sergey

Question W.Art.Rgt.d.SS 19 Lett.Art.Rgt.Nr 2

Hi guys, what do you think of this SS dog tag? This is original or not? I would appreciate any info on the unit.
    Thank you.
    Sergey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W.Art.Rgt.d.SS 19 Lett.Art.Rgt.Nr 2
    P
    Many

So, any comments?

I would say an out and out fake.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    I would say an out and out fake.
    Seller told me that they dug out of the ground. On other forum told me that they are authentic. This dog tag are made from stainless steel.

Why do you think that this dog tag are not authentic?

?

Unfortunately, the font is very similar to common fake types- most notably is that shape of '2', which is fairly commonly-seen on fakes- and while I haven't found an exact match, there are many that are nearly the same with only slight variations like the front leg of the 'R' being slightly further to the left. So that to me makes this disc very questionable at best- and one that would need a LOT of strong evidence to make me believe it's real. It might be an original disc- that appears to be the typical Nirosta type. They are very problematic though since they're hard, meaning stamping can be as poor as on this example, and they don't show age so it's very difficult to tell real from fake sometimes.

Is the unit even accurate? Was there a Waffen-Artillerie-Regiment der SS 19, lettische Artillerie-Regiment Nr. 2? That's really the first thing you should do Triggerself- check to see if the unit is real and correct.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Thank you for your opinion

?

Here are 3 of those 2s that are extremely similar; the top curve of the steel disc's 2 is slightly wider, but overall the style is the same.

Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

I'd be curious to know if the unit ever existed. I could do a search but that is really up to the OP to do the leg work IMO.

One my friend sent me this link a few minutes ago. This tag is real. It is in my collection. There is nothing wrong about the unit. Unit is written correctly. Tag is made from stainless steel, which is very unusual for Latvian SS tags, may be the guy who owned it, exchanged stainless steel blank for something. The tag was found in northern Kurland, on capitulation place without soldier.

Lexikon der Wehrmacht - 19. SS-Grenadier-Regiment

Wow, 2 year old thread.

Waffen Artillerie Regiment 19 certainly existed.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast