Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Debica Disc

Article about: How do you call it, selfmade. Thomas

TCL
    ?

Default Waffen SS Debica Disc

How do you call it, selfmade.
    Thomas
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Debica Disc   Waffen SS Debica Disc  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Debica Disc
    P
    Many

It looks brand new and engraved with a hand engraver, to my eyes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

TCL
    ?

hand engraved - yes, brand new by the flash light.

Not something I would want in my collection. Even if it was genuine to the period, it would always require too many explanations.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

TCL
    ?

@BOB COLEMAN actually, you are right.

Life winners end up the same way as losers, I think that´s realy shit

?

No, not a hand engraver- the raised edges show it was punched with a flat tool like a screwdriver but smaller for some lines, and the multiple strikes for the curved bits with a smaller still such tool. The issue I see is that the maker misspelled 'Depot', and '05803' is not a normal number- I can't say I've ever seen a '0' at the beginning of one. The other Debica discs I've seen are from Kompanien, not the base unit. So unless there's some significant reason to believe this one is real, I don't see how it could ever be above some significant suspicion since field made discs automatically are...
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Not keen at all!.....

TCL
    ?

OK,mistake, I translated hand engraved, done with a tool. This disk was bought in the market of a big military Forum and the disk was acepted. Of course not everybody want to have this disk in his collection.
    I want to compare it with a german magazin from 1939 it is a strong paper, if you touch the same magazine from 1940 it is like silk.
    I am not going to sell the disk, I just wanted to show it, its a part of my seeing of history. This disk was made, when the german troops in the east where running towards west.
    About misspelling, I can sent you a doc where it is writen "Grenatier", you want to see some documents with undercrossed from 1900 and than you expect in 1944 a high class school training,
    look at the Internet today, about misspelling in your language.

Depot is misspelled "Debot"...always a red flag when they get their German wrong...You'll have a tough time convincing a seasoned collector of the originality of this disc, in my opinion...
    cheers, Glenn

TCL
    ?

@ Glenn, I think you are absolute right. But there is no need to convince anybody. I can sell it here on the german mil.market, it was taken for good.
    I will show an other disc and than I stop discs, I do not collect them, it´s just to show a part of the time, I even kept my BW Disc.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast