Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen-SS dog tag - real or fake ?

Article about: by Matt L I see no indication it's an old original blank that's been stamped more recently- there'll invariably be a 'halo' around each letter where the patina comes off and there don't appe

Default Waffen-SS dog tag - real or fake ?

Dear Friends, This Waffen-SS dog tag, (DIVISION PANZERGRENADIER 4 POLIZEI),- real or fake ?. Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen-SS dog tag - real or fake ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Waffen-SS dog tag - real or fake ?

what is source of item....?

Quote by ostlanddigger View Post
    what is source of item....?
    Sell ​​me the grandson of a man of the Waffen SS who came to Argentina after the war

?

Does it have dirt on the back? It doesn't look like an item someone just stored for 67 years, but rather like one someone dug up.

The marking means 4. Kompanie, Panzer-Aufklärungs-Abteilung 4, which did exist and overall I don't see anything obviously wrong with it- however the photo is small, so it's harder to judge any of the details.
    Ohhhhh- pillage then burn...

Most ss members who went to south american counties were trying to escape war crimes trials, why would you take an id which is evidence of your involvement. The story just seems unlikely.

?

Oh? Can you reference that Harry? My understanding is that South American countries were a common desitnation for German emigrees in the 19th and early 20th century, so it seems perfectly natural that after WWII it'd continue to be so. Particularly the millions expelled from the Sudetenland, and those fleeing west to escape the Soviets had to go somewhere and Canada, Australia, the USA and South America were the primary places.

Hola Matt, that's true. This country holds many surprises.
    In two or three weeks, I'm going to travel north of the country, to see a man 93 years old. He and his brother (who died a few years ago), when the war came, and settled in one of the numerous German colonies that formed at that time in different parts of the country. The brothers were members of the Waffen SS. This man wants to return to Germany, to spend his last years, and wants to sell all the things that brought him and his brother when they came, (uniforms, daggers, medals, documents, ........). When I go back home I will post pictures in the forum, these things.

Sorry but it seems to be a blanko dug up original Erkennungsmarke. If the script is original or not - hard to tell. It is really hard to belive it comes from the vet estate but who knows, maybe some vets prefere to hold their Erkennungsmarken undergound.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Sorry but it seems to be a blanko dug up original Erkennungsmarke. If the script is original or not - hard to tell. It is really hard to belive it comes from the vet estate but who knows, maybe some vets prefere to hold their Erkennungsmarken undergound.
    Hola, I do not know where he kept this tag. I only know what he tells me the man who want to sell this.

?

I see no indication it's an old original blank that's been stamped more recently- there'll invariably be a 'halo' around each letter where the patina comes off and there don't appear to be any on this disc. It might help to get better photos- as I say these are a bit small to judge anything. For all we know, that might not be dirt on it...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast