Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??

Article about: A friend of mine is selling these and claims he found them at Kurland pocket, The 11th volunteer SS panzer grenadier regiment Norand did fight there and I am guessing this is the regiment th

Default Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??

A friend of mine is selling these and claims he found them at Kurland pocket,
    The 11th volunteer SS panzer grenadier regiment Norand did fight there and I am guessing this is the regiment the tags represent.
    What do you all think?Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Dog Tags Real or Fake??
    P
    Many

?

Fake..... absolutely positively sure they are bad

Haha thank you, do you mind explaining how you can tell on this tag

?

It never says Waffen-ss on a dog tag from the ss, it just has the runes than normally the regiment number etc. Remeber the germans never typed it or wrote it as the SS it was in the lightning bolt shape all the time.

They also used "SS" as in the letter "S". Also, "Waffen SS" with the Siegrunes --- others might tell if they also used this variation, I'm sure.

I feel there's some "halo" action going on around the letters... doesn't give me the instant "good relic" feeling at least. That said, not familiar with this type -- the experts will probably chime in soon enough!

nice friend.

Quote by WillC View Post
    It never says Waffen-ss on a dog tag from the ss, it just has the runes than normally the regiment number etc. Remeber the germans never typed it or wrote it as the SS it was in the lightning bolt shape all the time.
    Also it has WRF Member Danmarks name on it..that should be enough to either laugh or run away from it
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Of course, it would be more peculiar if it said "Denmark", after all "Danmark" is the actual name of the country --- and, like I stated before, why wouldn't a dog tag say "Waffen SS"? I'm pretty sure I've seen good SS tags on here stamped like that on the reverse before --- also, again, SS wasn't always spelled with the siegrune (or lightningbolts as some call them).

That said, I don't like the look of it but I have no way of deciphering the info on there to verify or debunk but the arguments put forth to prove that it's a fake in this thread just do not seem to be correct at all.

Ya I'm not touching it, thank you all for saving me the money.

?

The main problem wit this disk is the unit is a fantasy. The waffen-ss is not uncommon on the back of ss disks but it does not usually look like that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast