MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

1918-1920's Estonian army caps

Article about: Here I will show some of them

?

Default 1918-1920's Estonian army caps

Here I will show some of them
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1918-1920's Estonian army caps   1918-1920's Estonian army caps  

1918-1920's Estonian army caps   1918-1920's Estonian army caps  

Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Default Re: 1918-1920's Estonian army caps

Another Estonian caps
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1918-1920's Estonian army caps   1918-1920's Estonian army caps  

Regards,
    Dimas

?

Beautiful headgear! Are the first two (peaked) Estonian production? They have the same style size stamping (number in the square), like the later Estonian military cloth had. So far I have managed to acquire only cockade. Though I have been looking Independence War era cloth only for half of a year or so. Here`s the cockade. It seems to be stamped out of reusing metal of sweet, tobacco etc. jar/box.

Pardon for asking, but is one of the caps maybe for sale or trade?
    Thank You for sharing
    k.

?

And the "Yukon" style ones also? Using Estonian? newspaper in the construction. Damn. If so, I did not know they had the time and resources to produce in the time like that, something like that. I thought Estonian Army only got foreign aid and trophy goods.

?

No,the grey caps is Estonian production for sure, I don't know about the feldgrau like "Yukon" style, but other caps is 100% Estonian production made of the cloth which ANATANTA sent to North-West army and, most of the caps from this cloth is 1919-23 year production. I prefer the star like cockade, but can't find nothing. I have just like yours.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

In the time of Independence war, Estonia save a lot of Imperial resources which gave a lot of help to the young republic. The factories like "Baltic Manufacture" was worked at the 30% of power and helps a lot to the army ( that factory was work for Imperial army also in the ww1).F.e: Franz Krull and Dvigatel was built and repair a lot of weapons and vehicles. Today unfortunately that factories lost in the past...
    Regards,
    Dimas

Animal
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Another Estonian caps
    That cap looks like Italian pattern. Did Estonia and Italy have any military ties that would've influenced it?

?

That cap looks like Italian pattern. Did Estonia and Italy have any military ties that would've influenced it?
    Probably... In the first years of independence, and at least first two years 1918-19, Estonian army used weapon and uniforms, which was Imperial Russian, Canadian, British, and US which was sent by Antanta to the North West white army as a military help. Probably partially this help was contain a Italian uniforms too, but I never seen other tunics than a British, Canadian and US.
    Historically:
    The ANTANTA( from French word: entente-concord ) the British-French-Russian alliance, NATO like, against a http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triple_Alliance_(1882)
    . After the revolution in Russia, interests was the integrity of the Russian Imperia as a whole country, due of the borning new country as a Russian Soviet republic and in the future - Soviet Union, has a pro German interests, and can cause a lot of problems in the future ( as it was done)
    The Antanta has to help the white army with suppling them with weapons and uniforms. After the White North West army taken the part in the Estonian independent war as ally, all the Estonain troops get the part of western supply.
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Great caps . It’s very hard to get pre ww2 stuff here in Latvia. Most of it was destroyed by the Soviets, for example one of the most rare items from the pre ww2 era are Latvian flags, I have only seen one in real life. That being when I visited the kurzeme cietoksnis museum. Also how did you get those nice caps