Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Estonian Weapons

Article about: What ever happened to the weapons and armouries owned/used by the Estonian forces after WWI? Is there a military museum in Talinn or Estonia that reflects Estonia's military history? Mark

?

Default Estonian Weapons

What ever happened to the weapons and armouries owned/used by the Estonian forces after WWI? Is there a military museum in Talinn or Estonia that reflects Estonia's military history? Mark

?

Default Re: Estonian Weapons

Hi Mark
    I think the main part was taken by the Red Army beginning of the WWII. And rest was "lost" during the war. There are few places that exhibit weapons.
    Kiek In De Kok Tallinn | Estonia - Tallinn Life
    Vabadusvitlejate muuseum
    Kaitseväe Ühendatud Õppeasutused

Museum in Maarjamäe (Tallinn)-
    Estonian History Museum » Museum » Maarjamäe Palace
    Regards
    K.

?

Thanks Kass. Bearing in mind all the German MGs that the Estonian Army had it is unusual not to find some left behind...somewhere, despite the best efforts of the Russian occupiers. By the way my wife is Estonian and i continue to fail to master your language :>)
    As an aside what are the Estonian laws on deactivated weapons in Estonia.
    Mark

?

Hi Mark
    I think Estonia had more Czarist Russian MG-s than German ones. I think some museums may have few. Here`s one museum. Supposed to be a good one. I have never been there.
    The Estonian War Museum ? General Laidoner Museum
    I know only that the bolt of the weapon has to be cut 45 degree angle. (pin removed or cut). Chamber sealed by welding it and I think also a metal stud driven through the barrel.
    Mark don´t worry, Estonian language is not easy to learn. Have to have a lot of everyday practice. Well like it is with every language.
    All the best
    K.

?

Kass thanks. The only real Estonian sentence I must master is ''Yes Dear....right away''
    I am in Tallinn end of this month so will look up the museum and hopefully take some photos.
    Thanks again.
    Mark

?

You`re welcome Mark.
    That`s a thin ice you are walking on. You should quickly learn how to say "Where`s my dinner woman" and "Have you washed my car" etc.
    Hope you enjoy your stay there. I just came back. S..tloads of snow. I have never seen that much.

All the best
    K.