Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Help IDing Baltic liberation wars 1918-1920 unit insignia

Article about: I've spent some time triying to find wich unit the next insignia belongs to: I'm pretty much sure that belongs to some unit involved in one of the Baltic "liberation"/"Indeped

Choco
    ?

Question Help IDing Baltic liberation wars 1918-1920 unit insignia

I've spent some time triying to find wich unit the next insignia belongs to:

I'm pretty much sure that belongs to some unit involved in one of the Baltic "liberation"/"Indepedence" wars, and I think is Estonian I but can't get any further info.

Help with this would be much appreciated

Regards

Choco
    Attached Images Attached Images Help IDing Baltic liberation wars 1918-1920 unit insignia 

?

Default Re: Help IDing Baltic liberation wars 1918-1920 unit insignia

This appears to be a badge or emblem of ....

Eesti Vabadussõjalaste Liit
    Founded 1929, initially as an organization for veterans of the 1918-1920 conflict in Estonia. Classified as a political organization in 1930, nationalist and perhaps comparatively authoritarian (and labelled "fascist" by their opponents). Renamed/re-formed late in 1933.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaps_Movement
    http://et.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eesti_V...B5jalaste_Liit

If one may be permitted an additional comment, offered without the least slight to any colleague's feelings ....
    The identification "Estonian War of Independence" or "Estonian War of Liberation" is not a perfectly neutral formulation. For example, the conflict in 1918-1920 in Estonia has been also viewed as a part of the Civil War in the (former) Empire of Russia. One may recall that the Estonian land had been part of the Russian Empire since 1710, albeit having a certain autonomy in laws, local nobility, ethnic/cultural identity, religion, local government, etc.

- Frayer

Choco
    ?

Default Re: Help IDing Baltic liberation wars 1918-1920 unit insignia

Many thanks Frayer for your rapid and helpful answer.