Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Visit in the museum of l armed with Brussels

Article about: Were not the estonians supplied with alot of WW1 surplus equipment by the allies - britain in particular ?. I do recall seeing pics of estonians with Patt'14 rifles w/bayonets and some other

Default Visit in the museum of l armed with Brussels

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Visit in the museum of l armed with Brussels   Visit in the museum of l armed with Brussels  

?

Default Re: Visit in the museum of l armed with Brussels

I have been always puzzled by the few models of headgear Estonian Army used during the Liberation War 1918-20. Here, in the first posted photo taken in the museum is seen one. With the cockade.
    Dimas, do you know perhaps whats the origin of this style of cap USA?

Here are men wearing the same style caps and most of them are wearing US tunics also.

k.

The caps look very much like Canadian "Yukon" style to me.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank You Adrian.
    So far I have found only one cap that resembles a bit that style. It was some sort of US army training corps student? cap. But it had shorter "ears" that was nor tied together over the head and the front panel was also lower/shorter. Does anybody have some pictures similar caps in wear?

k.

Hi Kass, you can see a simliar cap here:

CANADIAN PROVOST CORPS UNIFORMS WW2

My Great Uncle wore one while serving in the Royal Air Force in Canada in WW2.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I have a couple of originals and will post them later. Interesting exhibition, the Estonian uniforms is a very rare, and for the period of Independence war is more than scarce. Interesting that the museum have the items like that!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

As promised, pictures with the caps https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/eston...army-caps.html
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Thank You guys!
    Interesting that the museum have the items like that!
    But are they originals?

?

I think originals, I know that Estonian Military Museum ( currently Laidoner museum) has make a lot of trades with foreign museums before 1940 year. There was a lot of uniforms of different countries on the local theaters, given by the Soviet goverment, after the museum was disbanded in 1950's. Unfortunately most of the items died on the garbage in 1980's-2000's years
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I think originals, I know that Estonian Military Museum ( currently Laidoner museum) has make a lot of trades with foreign museums before 1940 year. There was a lot of uniforms of different countries on the local theaters, given by the Soviet goverment, after the museum was disbanded in 1950's. Unfortunately most of the items died on the garbage in 1980's-2000's years
    Ok. Interesting information. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast