Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

1950s Gym?

Article about: Sorry to intrude again with post-war questions: Is this woollen Gym from the 1950s/60s? what is that red at the collar?

Default Re: 1950s Gym?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I believe that the Gunner ciphers are inappropriate to the Infantry shoulder-boards...

Cheers,
    Richie
    Richie;

It is my understanding that mortar crews, attached to leg units wore the artillery branch insignia, but on the leg boards.

That may have been a limited situation, but that is my understanding of how mortars were treated.

Boridin

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1950s Gym?
    P
    Many

I believe that this early example of such boards are what you refer to Bruce...

I'm not too sure this practice went into the 50s/60s. However, there exists no doubt that I could be incorrect.

Vadim is pretty keen on these small details. Let us see if he reads this and has some input...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1950s Gym?  
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I believe that this early example of such boards are what you refer to Bruce...

I'm not too sure this practice went into the 50s/60s. However, there exists no doubt that I could be incorrect.

Vadim is pretty keen on these small details. Let us see if he reads this and has some input...
    Richie;

I think you are correct. I hadn't considered that this gym is supposed to be post war.

Boridin

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    I think you are correct. I hadn't considered that this gym is supposed to be post war.
    I am so sorry to intrude with such post war questions, but the issue is -as Adrian would know - that I am a motorised man

My vehicle is a Gaz69A which was produced in Ulyanovsk between 1953 and 1972 and it is the successor (if not the evolution) of the Gaz67B with which many of you would be familiar.
    Now my vehicle bears the East German insignia 99% of the time, but there are occasions when I might need/want to swap them with Soviet ones and that's why I am piecing together a uniform to match.
    Thank you again for your help.

Quote by iannima View Post
    I am so sorry to intrude with such post war questions, but the issue is -as Adrian would know - that I am a motorized man

My vehicle is a Gaz69A which was produced in Ulyanovsk between 1953 and 1972 and it is the successor (if not the evolution) of the Gaz67B with which many of you would be familiar.
    Now my vehicle bears the East German insignia 99% of the time, but there are occasions when I might need/want to swap them with Soviet ones and that's why I am piecing together a uniform to match.
    Thank you again for your help.
    Beautiful truck! Nice uniform, too!!

Thanks for posting the picture!

Boridin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2