Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

amoeba post war?

Article about: Hello, I find this amoeba camo suit in poland. I don't have the trousers. Do you think it is a WW suit? or a fake? I have bought it for a very, very small price in a hunting shop which sells

Default amoeba post war?

amoeba post war?amoeba post war?amoeba post war?amoeba post war?
    Hello,
    I find this amoeba camo suit in poland. I don't have the trousers. Do you think it is a WW suit? or a fake? I have bought it for a very, very small price in a hunting shop which sells some relics. The seller do not t give me any opinion on this suit. The low price made has decided me. No marking inside. Thank you guys
    jean-sebastien

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement amoeba post war?
    P
    Many

Default Re: amoeba post war?

Jean-Sebastien,

There was postwar use of this pattern, but I am not certain if there was postwar manufacture. I have seen postwar dated suits in some of the later war patterns, but not Amoeba. Maybe someone else can offer more. Yes fake/reproduction suits do exists. What I like about your smock at first glance is the fact that it is not dated and the buttons are of a proper type for wartime smocks. Given the degree of wear and fading to your example, you might double check the smock for markings. They are typically located somewhere on the inside of the bottom skirt area.

Thank you for you reply Wesley's Dad. I will have a look and try to find a marking. I wonder if the buttons were typicals. I appreciate your precision about this point. regards.

?

I think your amoeba is good ww2 period made. Most of the postwar is made from more solid material
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Not sure if it is war time or post war, but it is definitely a fine sample.
    Martyn Acsinowicz

The teeth of the wolf are bigger in the mouths of men than they are in the mouth of the wolf.

?

Just to stick my 2pennorth into the equasion, I was always under the impression that the WW2 "Amoeba" suit was a ONE piece overall's type set and NOT a 2 piece set!

Can someone confirm one way or the other.

Regards tc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy

?

Showed abowe example is two piece suit, just the throser is missed. The one piesesuit is Maskhalat, and will make the pictures of it later
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Showed abowe example is two piece suit, just the throser is missed. The one piesesuit is Maskhalat, and will make the pictures of it later
    Thanks for clearing that up for me Dimas.

Regards etc

Ian D
    AKA: Jimpy