Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka

Article about: Hello, Following the interesting thread on M 35 gym pockets : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifor...kets-365396-2/ it was agreed a full M35 gym tread might be of global interest. So here it

?

In response to post #8 the unfaded areas are pea green.

In response to post #10 wartime gyms can have a long or short skirt. I don't know the technical definition of a "short skirt" on the forum but I am assuming that a short skirt refers to a cuff length that lies below the front skirt hem. The cuffs on this one are above the front skirt hem when the gym is laid out flat. See the wartime picture(s) for additional reference.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Definitive Thread M35 Gymnasterka
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Dom View Post
    Hi Dimas,

looking at these pictures that blouse was never green color. Manufacturing is simplified at the inner pocket and seam of the collar
    but not at the chest slot ??
    We can also observe the very short length .

Can be Natjer can make a photo of the elbows ?
    I owned similar gyms more than 20 years ago, they was found in old military unit in Russia, all worn, all pea green
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by bourguignotte View Post
    Hello,

I thought this fahion of shortening the gyms was late and mostly post war?
    What do you think?
    Bruno
    Bruno,

I think what you say is partially true. It is not uncommon to find M43 Gyms that have been owner shortened. Other modifications that are seen as well are Kitel type collar closures added and elastic in the back waist. I think it would be safe to assume there was some degree of owner customization even with the 1935/41 regulation items. The POW photos can also get confusing because it is not uncommon to see conscripts wearing poor fitting uniforms, but likely there was some degree of factory variation during the mass mobilization after June 1941.

Strange one I agree, Dom. However, this "Pea green" color Dimas refers to fades to a light gray, nearly white color. I would say that it would be hightly unusual for one to fade as uniformly as this Gym appears. I have seen heavily laundered Gyms that have very uniform fading from detergent. A sun faded garment should still be fairlyl green under the collar, under the arms etc.

?

Subject gym appears washed out but also unevenly faded in the sun. Evidence of the uneven nature of the fading is noticable in previous posts but I will post it again in gray scale. Note the uniform is noticeably lighter in areas exposed to sun. Darker areas are clearly under the collar. Pea green is evident protected areas inside, under collar and inside pockets. I see nothing unusual in the fading not seen in many other uniforms.

?

Last one taken outside in the sun. This one is taken inside.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I owned similar gyms more than 20 years ago, they was found in old military unit in Russia, all worn, all pea green
    Thanks for your reply Dimas

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Strange one I agree, Dom. However, this "Pea green" color Dimas refers to fades to a light gray, nearly white color. I would say that it would be hightly unusual for one to fade as uniformly as this Gym appears. I have seen heavily laundered Gyms that have very uniform fading from detergent. A sun faded garment should still be fairlyl green under the collar, under the arms etc.
    Thank you Mike,

I know this "Pea green" color, also there are other examples on the forum . but what about the originality of this Gym for you ?

?

This gym is undoubtely original, and seems it one from a bunch found. They appears in early 90's in Leningrad in one of the survived PVO ( Antiaircraft ) defence bunkers in Kronstadt, as many other war time stuff as gasmasks and helmets. I doubt such gyms are survived the war in other than in such places. The cheap material/construction gymnasterkas was made after the beginning of the war in USSR, due a money save. Cheap work is easy to see at the M43's gimnasterkas in date approx 43-44. Most of Soviet uniforms are dated 44->>>, 42-43 year uniforms is nearly impossible to find... I had once the coat, dated 42 year , made from a very cheap wool mixed with such a kind of paper, the material was so bad, only for just a couple of weeks to wear, and it was mint in condition, found in the stock in the same town. There a still some of the untouched stocks in the Kronstadt. Most of the grenades pouches, PPsH -41 pouces and belts has been discovered in this island
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dom
    ?

Well, but what about other members ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast