Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?

Article about: The first photo. A belt of military builders, the Soviet army. Строибат.

?

Default Re: did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?

Boridin that is a very nice pistol. great shape and it was very nice of your friend to give that pistol to you. The story behind mine is just about the same. Was told the Sgt. shot the NVA holding the sks . One of the bullets hit the top of the sks. When he went over to the dead NVA he saw he had the chicom.My Dad bought the items from the Sgt.( He worked with him )the Sgt. asked that the sks not be shot because the last time it was used it was killing US soldiers.Neither my dad or me has shot the sks.I bought the items from my dad. The Sgt. also stated that inorder to get the sks back to the US he had to brake the stock. I think he found a great replacement stock or hid the stock in his bag .
    Battle gear sorry for hijacking your thread. Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?   did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?   did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement did Russia supply North Vietnam with this type of belt?
    P
    Many

Gorgeous gear Tovarisch!

Boridin

jh92
    ?

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post
    Here is my bring back Viet Nam sidearm.

This was brought back by a man, who was an E-5 Sgt., in the U.S. Army at the time. When I knew him, he was an E-7, and was my platoon Sgt. He gave this weapon to me in the late 70s, as he liked me.

Boridin

The story of how he got the weapon is, that his unit was on patrol, they ran into an NVA unit, and a firefight ensued. Both units were intermixed, and it was absolute chaos. At one point, my Sgt, carrying an M-16 (which he hated), saw an NVA Officer aiming his pistol at one of the U.S. soldiers, so my Sgt quickly fired at the NVA Officers, and hit him in the right hand, knocking the ChiCom TT out of his hand.

He then fired again, and killed the NVA Officer. He quickly went over, and grabbed the pistol, knowing it would otherwise disappear, if he didn't grab it. Here is the pistol, and the holster/lanyard that he got.

The holster is clearly a ChiCom TT holster, but the lanyard looks Soviet to me.

Enjoy the pictures.

Boridin
    Wow!!! Thats a really neat stroy, and interesting gun.

Quote by jh92 View Post
    Wow!!! That's a really neat story, and interesting gun.
    Thank you.

I have fired this weapon only once, just because I am a firm believer in that the purpose of any firearm is to go bang, but only that one time.

I have kept this weapon clean, and properly oiled ever since!

Boridin

?

Boridin my chicom is one of my favorite pistols to shoot. Gary

I got my old Sgt to write down the story, and sign it, then we got it notarized at the JAG office, as a provenance for the weapon, and the story.

Boridin

Hi New to Forum. Reagrding that NVA/Chinese belt with aluminum buckle, the Chinese supplied a huge amount of equipment to the NVA. Also, an American with Chinese ties, had reproductions made in the original factory recently using the same specs, canvas weight and dye color. Of course they are sold as originals.

Same old ethics issues when it comes to dealers (Not all Dealers). It is a fake or is it authentic because it's made in the original factory, nevermind it's 40 years later. Much like the abundance of fake Nazi SS items fabricated and traded back and forth amongst dealers here in the US. That use canabalized shoulder boards, original thread and so on to fabricate collar tabs and such.

Thanks for showing the Vietnam bring back weapons & gear! I like that Chi Com sks with battle damage, thats really nice piece with some interesting history.

?

Battle gear thanks for starting the thread and letting me show off some of my toys. Gary

I actually love my 1937 Soviet TT-33, but the original barrel bore is a sewer pipe. 40 years of corrosive ammo, and poor operator care made her pretty rough by the time I got her in the late 70s.

I still love her, though. She receives far better care now than she probably ever did during her military service.

Boridin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast