Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Dress Tunic

Article about: by RichieC 2- This is an example of a Model 43 Dress Coat or "Мундира" - "Mundir" - AKA, for us here in the West - "Victory

Default Dress Tunic

I don't have much faith in the shoulder board devices. I would like to know the era of this tunic and insignia.

Bob HritzDress TunicDress TunicDress TunicDress TunicDress TunicDress Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Dress Tunic
    P
    Many

Default Re: Dress Tunic

I believe that the stamped metal insignia - for both collar and cuff - was introduced in 1948. Previously, they were of bullion.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

The branch insignia is correct for Armor troops of the GPW era, and earlier.

The tunic appears to be correct for a model 1940 Kitel dress tunic. The red branch piping is correct for "General Army" service, although branch specific piping was very common. The style of collar tabs, and cuff tabs is more correct for a rear echelon Officer, than a frontline Officer. The silver stars on the pogorni indicates that this Officer (Capitan) is of a technical MOS, not Combat Arms, which is odd, as Armor is a combat arms branch, and the SOP was for technical troops to wear either their branch insignia on the Armor pogorni if attached to an Armor regiment, or their branch insignia, on their branch pogorni if TDY to an Armor unit, or detached to an Armor unit.

Boridin

Quote by RedHorseman25 View Post

1- The branch insignia is correct for Armor troops of the GPW era, and earlier.

2- The tunic appears to be correct for a model 1940 Kitel dress tunic.

3- The red branch piping is correct for "General Army" service,

4- although branch specific piping was very common. The style of collar tabs, and cuff tabs is more correct for a rear echelon Officer, than a frontline Officer.

5- which is odd, as Armor is a combat arms branch, and the SOP was for technical troops to wear either their branch insignia on the Armor pogorni if attached to an Armor regiment, or their branch insignia, on their branch pogorni if TDY to an Armor unit, or detached to an Armor unit.

Boridin
    1- I believe Bob questions the authenticity of the pair of insignia.

2- This is an example of a Model 43 Dress Coat or "Мундира" - "Mundir" - AKA, for us here in the West - "Victory Parade Tunic".

3- I believe it is for Armor, Artillery, Medical/Veterinary, and Administrative. As written previously by Bruce, the remainder have their own colors. However, if I recall correctly as I know little to nothing concerning the subject, Generals and Marshals have their own rules - I would think that our esteemed associates Vadim or Boaris could enlighten us concerning that facet - if indeed it is the case...

4- Gold (or yellow silk) lace on the shoulder boards with silvered stars & branch insignia - gold with silver accents on the collar bars - and gold cuff "spools" signify regular personnel. Technical personnel used shoulder boards with silver (or white silk) lace, gold stars & branch insignia. Also, silvered collar bars with gold accents, and silvered cuff spools.

5- I am unable to entirely interpret this. Bruce, would you kindly rephrase?

Dress Tunic

Dress TunicDress TunicDress Tunic

And BTW, for any and all that may notice: This is not an M47 Militia shoulder board with Tankist insignia affixed...

Metallic laced shoulder boards scan "lous-ily"... Dress Tunic

And another BTW - The pre-1948 bullion collar bars show a better contrast of the gold/sliver embellishments:

Dress Tunic

?

This is a circa 1947-50's dress tunic M43. But I'am unsure the tanks are original
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Sure Dim, it is M43 - But the stamped metal collar and cuff insignia narrow it down to make this example a vintage 48/early 49r for this - less the shoulder boards and their stars which I think are middle 50X...

To make this thread a bit more complicated, I think Air Force and Armor (only) commanding structure changed to another type of Dress Coat (and embellishments on the visor cap to coincide with such) in 1949r...

That is another story in a another future thread...

Quote by RichieC View Post

5- I am unable to entirely interpret this. Bruce, would you kindly rephrase?
    Richie;

Not sure what you do not understand. Seems pretty clear to me.

...but here goes: My research indicates that Combat Arms units, which were the primary units, wore their branch insignia, on their branch colored pogorni.

Tech MOS troops wore their branch insignia on the parent units (in this case Armor) pogorni, if they were attached to that unit, IE PCS to the parent armor unit. In other words, the Troop XO, who is probably an Admin MOS, wore Admin branch insignia, but since he was assigned to an armor unit, he wore that admin branch insignia on armor pogorni. Now NBC troops were rarely assigned to an armor unit, but they may be detached from their parent NBC unit, and TDY attached to the armor unit. In that case, they wore their branch insignia on their own branch pogorni.

Is that clearer?

Boridin

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast