Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

A few questions about this uniform

Article about: Hi all- I just recently saw this uniform for sale, and tried to do as much research as I could. I believe that this is an M35 uniform, correct? And I also believe that it is either from an a

Default A few questions about this uniform

Hi all- I just recently saw this uniform for sale, and tried to do as much research as I could. I believe that this is an M35 uniform, correct? And I also believe that it is either from an armored/artillery division due to the black and red "tabs" on the uniform, or air force, because of it's dark blue color? The only other answer for this I would think would be Navy, but I am not sure. So, my questions are: what branch of service is this uniform for, and when do you guys think it was made? Thanks a bunch, N.B.

A few questions about this uniformA few questions about this uniformA few questions about this uniformA few questions about this uniformA few questions about this uniformA few questions about this uniform

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A few questions about this uniform
    P
    Many

?

That pattern of tunic was worn by VOKhR and other paramilitary organisations long after the war (including in blue).

The colour pairing is unfamiliar - I'd only expect to see pink piping on maroon for NKVD. (It doesn't look red to me).

I'd say it was something very niche (and therefore unfamiliar) or made up.

Several drawings of those black with pink piped collar tabs appear on pages 143 & 146 in the new NKVD book: Soviet NKVD Structure, Commanders, Uniforms and Insignia 1934-1937. From what I can tell, and this is up for debate, those tabs have something to to with Political Commissars (???).