Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Gimnasterka

Article about: Hello, I found these two photos. Were such gimnasterkas with a one pocket normal or was the other pocket maybe removed by a defect? Paul

Default Re: Gimnasterka

Quote by Philippe View Post
    I also raised the issue in gymnasterka M.43. We see the pictures of gymnasterka with the closure and then pass off as the order of 25 January provides closure and a pass right.
    I attached another photo, the soldier left.

I understand what you ask about Philippe...

The soldier to our left does seem to wear a Gymnasterka whose front closure has shifted a bit to his right... This happens. I have seen quite a few Gymnasterka that have "worn in" this way - both to the right and left - probably from the neck opening being a bit too small to fit around the prominentia laryngea (Adam's Apple)

BTW, look at the guy to our right, his is also shifting to his right, but in a lesser degree...

All soldiers in this image wear the normal pocketless M43 Gymnasterka designated for use by soldiers in accordance with "regulations" instituted during these times...

This is the subject of another thread that has and may yet to be created...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gimnasterka
    P
    Many

Quote by Pawlito View Post
    Hello,

I found these two photos. Were such gimnasterkas with a one pocket normal or was the other pocket maybe removed by a defect?

Paul
    Quote by Dimas View Post
    For sure defected removed

IMO, in this case, I agree with Dim...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Thank for your answer Richie.

Hi,
    I found there a few days, this photo. The soldier who is sitting at a gymnasterka with a single chest pocket. The collar tabs are the colors of the artillery.
    After the pictures have been uploaded, I think a model gymnastekas with one chest pocket has been distributed to the gunners, loaders, or pointers, so as not to embarrass them while shooting.
    Dimas had hypothesized a repair but I think only in terms of photos, that we are dealing with a particular manufacturing and produced shortly.
    What does the other members ?

Gimnasterka

Regards.
    Philippe

?

There a quantity of the pictures with the one pocket gimnasterka. And all has a left pocket, looks like that was done firmly. But I did not think that some special uniforms was made especially for gunners, loaders etc, it may be due to safe the production costs.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

I have drawn a line in the center of the face in the center of the buttonhole.

Gimnasterka

to reduce the size of a gymnsterka, it is very simple, we take down the two seams under the arms, is fast, but you can not change the collar and lapel, which is tilted, when you Reduce the neck circumference.
    And if it is a model pocket, left pocket can be overlapped by the buttonhole, and then it's seem normal to remove it.

When you look at the size of the Russian soldier in the booklets, commonly found in men of 1.60 and 1.50 for women. This may explain the larger sizes have been reduced.
    And especially with lead and lease's products, as it must be possible that the Anglo-Saxon have delivered Anglo-Saxon's sizes . And I do not see the Russians meet our soldiers are small. Because as they said in the Soviet doctrine Russian soldier is not seen as truth, but as the legend shows.

This may explain the atypical form of some gymnasterka
    Last edited by Boudionovka; 03-12-2013 at 05:52 PM.

Dom
    ?

I think only in terms of photos, that we are dealing with a particular manufacturing and produced shortly
    What does the other members ?

Regards.
    Philippe
    Hi

Here is a photo studio before the war, middle row enlisted man on right wearing a Gymnasterka one pocket .

Gimnasterka

Hang on tight... here we go again.

This has always been an interesting topic.

Ok, given the prewar photos shown now and prior let us clear the air on two things these Gyms are NOT.

1) Pockets removed to gain repair material to fix some other part of the Gym
    2) Wartime expedience.

#1 is disproved by the lack of a gross color mismatch between where a pocket would have been versus the rest of the Gym... or any other visible scar of a former pocket or flap. Not saying this never happened, but photos show we are dealing with a factory model of some unknown purpose or issue.

#2 is disproved by the appearance of such a Gym in prewar, peace time studio images.

Possibly someone (Richie?) might inquire to his friends on some of the Russian language forums.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Hang on tight... here we go again.

This has always been an interesting topic.
    Hi Mike,

I knew that the subject would interest your curiosity

A closeup :
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gimnasterka  

?

I have seen the order a couple of month ago- this is a technical troops gym, as said a working garment, must be worn without any of insignia
    As also chemical troops has it's own gym- two pockets, but other system closure and collar
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast