Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gymnasterka - original?

Article about: I need you guys' help with this Gymnasterka. When it comes to Soviet uniforms I still have a lot to learn. I have been ging through all threads on this and some other forums and I believe th

Default Gymnasterka - original?

I need you guys' help with this Gymnasterka. When it comes to Soviet uniforms I still have a lot to learn. I have been going through all threads on this and some other forums and I believe this to be an original lend-lease Gymnasterka in only very light worn condition when looking at the cuffs. One thing I wonder about are the buttons. I thought lend-lease gymnasterkas all have these typical plastic light brown American made buttons so are these metal buttons recent replacements? And are there any other red flags regarding this Gymnasterka? I don't have it in hand so I am not able to make more pics and thus hope these pics will do.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Gymnasterka - original?Gymnasterka - original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gymnasterka - original?
    P
    Many

It's a good one. Worn condition with staining. Two holes for awards which is nice. Lend lease doesn't necessarily mean that it needs to have the plastic buttons. I think you find them more often with metal buttons.

The USA supplied uniform material, buttons etc. You can find different types of material, wool etc. But the uniforms were made in the Soviet Union. I guessed they used the buttons they had at the moment.

Thanks a lot Bjorn!

Quote by Bjorn S View Post
    The USA supplied uniform material, buttons etc. You can find different types of material, wool etc. But the uniforms were made in the Soviet Union. I guessed they used the buttons they had at the moment.
    Didn't know this. Always thought the uniforms were also made in the USA and England. Never knew they only supplied the materials. Thanks for updating me

Dom
    ?

This one is very beautiful although I always preferred the Gymnasterka of 100% Soviet manufacture.

Thanks a lot Dom. It is also my goal to get a 100% original Soviet made gymnasterka. But this one is my first piece of Soviet uniform and a good start of learning how these were made etc. On top it was for a very good price so a perfect start for me.

Dom
    ?

Quote by Marcel Banziger View Post
    Thanks a lot Dom. It is also my goal to get a 100% original Soviet made gymnasterka. But this one is my first piece of Soviet uniform and a good start of learning how these were made etc. On top it was for a very good price so a perfect start for me.
    As far as I can remember, me too
    With a little patience you will find your happiness