Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Gymnastiorka M1943 for review

Article about: thank you

Default Gymnastiorka M1943 for review

thank you

Gymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for reviewGymnastiorka M1943 for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gymnastiorka M1943 for review
    P
    Many

1950s, perhaps even 1960s gymnasterka. Most likely 50s era shoulder-boards (need to examine the reverse and a closeup of the winged prop insignia). Medal bar and later type Guards badge are add-ons.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Agreed.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Look behind the buttons, probably 60's

Buttons can be changed on a whim. In my opinion, dating an article of clothing by the dates on the buttons is illogical.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Dom
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Buttons can be changed on a whim. In my opinion, dating an article of clothing by the dates on the buttons is illogical.
    Possible Richie , however the fabric and buttons are typical of the 60's
    I have a similar example

It can be ascertained if the button application is factory or not to a reasonable degree. If that is the case, then a post war Gym can be dated by the buttons to some degree. Most button swaps are to pass off a post war as a wartime. From a desireablility standpoint, a 1950's Gym versus a 1960 is rather minimal to warrant a button swap.

I think the review was requested to sort wartime versus post war on this item. With that assumption, why are we even talking about buttons? . I think the detail in my modified photo would trump any application of wartime buttons to this blouse???

Dom
    ?

Of course Mike, just to date more precisely

ASR
    ?

Hello,

Most of gyms with subdued buttons I have encountered date from the sixties post-1958 regulations.

Some typical characteristics I have identified in cotton gyms from the sixties are:

- Dark green buttons.

- Absence of board loops (most were issued with directly sewn boards made from the same fabric).

- Lining under pockets, elbows etc is usually khaki (compared with the grey ones in previous models).

- Later production runs tend to have plastic buttons (although in woollen ones I've seen them as early as 1961).

- Generally they are well marked.

Regards,