Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

help with post war telogreika sizing

Article about: Hi all, I am no longer actively collecting but I still love the stuff. I am posting here because I'd love to get a telogreika, post war, for active outdoor use. Problem is that over here I n

?

Default help with post war telogreika sizing

Hi all,

I am no longer actively collecting but I still love the stuff.
    I am posting here because I'd love to get a telogreika, post war, for active outdoor use. Problem is that over here I never found at a military fair anything bigger than a size 3, which is way to small for me. I am a chest size 42-44 or european size 52 (shoulder ) and I am puzzled with other sizes. The bigger size I saw for sale is a size 5, but according to measurements, it may even not be that big. Some sellers use a different sizing and from that measurement I think a size 54-3 should be ok, but ... I need a little help guys
    Regards

Matt

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement help with post war telogreika sizing
    P
    Many

?

I have the same chest size and a soviet size 4 is snug. I'd get 5 or better still 6 if you want this for practical wear. Its worth remembering that these jackets were intended to be worn under a greatcoat when introduced in the early 1930s.

?

Hi, thanks! I never saw a size 6 for sale, however some seller use russian sizing : believe then a size 5/6 would be a size 52-3 ( i am 173 cm tall)? Or should i go for a 54-3? I would use it as an external coat
    Regards

Matt

?

I could be wrong but I think the modern sizing given by sellers is a crude interpretation of the old system. By that I mean telogreikas only come in 1-6; one chest size will not have multiple lengths available to suit the individual.

You would be 54-3 in modern sizing. 54 being chest and 3 being height. The trouble is telogreikas can only really be chosen by 'growth' (рост).

Ask the seller what 'рост' is given on the label. If it's less than 5 (regardless what they say) I'd keep looking...

?

thanks for your help!
    Regards

Matt