Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I went to another "secret" shop today

Article about: All; I stand corrected. I looked at my originals again, and the tabs in the above picture are much larger than what is on either of my shinels. Boridin

?

Default I went to another "secret" shop today

Today i visited a small basement shop with some quite interesting items and uniforms. The owner was kind to let me take pics.

I went to another "secret" shop todayI went to another "secret" shop todayI went to another "secret" shop today

NKVD i think. The cap is anyway.

I went to another "secret" shop todayI went to another "secret" shop todayI went to another "secret" shop today

Navy

Also NKVD i think

I went to another "secret" shop today

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement I went to another "secret" shop today
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: I went to another "secret" shop today

A KM heavy rain coat.

Great items, i specially like the NKVD colonels mundir!

?

The tabs on the overcoat is not good IMO
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Yes that is a really nice item for sure. It's not mine, however i have a Lieutenant Mundir. Not in as good condition as this one, but also cheaper.

Regards, Lars

?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    The tabs on the overcoat is not good IMO
    Really Dimas? That comes as a surprise but they also look really new. I am no expert on this unfortunately.

Cheers mate

Hi Lars,

As a matter of interest, did the shopkeeper of this 'Secret' establishment look like this, and appeared before you 'As if by magic'.......

Regards, Ned.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture I went to another "secret" shop today  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

It's a shop located underneath another shop, having nothing to do with WW2 collectibles. You would never find this shop unless you know it's there. It's of course not a secret shop and Moscow have quite a few of these, located the strangest places. You put a good smile on my face there Ned As for the shopkeeper it was more something with Vodka and so on. A strange place it was indeed.

Regards, Lars

The collar tabs on the shinel (overcoat) are correct. They are a later style, but are correct for the post GPW era.

As for re-enacting, my unit does not require any of our troops to remove, or replace this square style.

Boridin

The tabs, IMO, are reproductions - hence Dim's comment - and are pre-1943 order...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast