Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Quote by Inf Div 121 View Post
    Need Your opinions on this telogreika.
    60's-70's made
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

As we have touched upon the trousers, please see this thread here. I have just bought a pair which are British made and the cut matches those shown by Dim and Vadim.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/unifo...87/#post542422

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

blue telogreika jacket - it Gulag camp uniforms
    If the button-down stamp of "mosshtamp" -100% after 50s
    On war jackets had ties at the back. instead they had belt loops for a belt
    to 43rd was down collar, was dropped - there was a tunic with a high (stand-up) Collar

Default Telo for review

Found this one packed away during some collection organizing today. I can't believe I have not posted this one yet. I picked this up at the 2013 Show of Shows, almost a year ago. Seems to be a hot topic again, so here you go!

Prewar, wartime, or post... Opinions welcome! The vitals are the following:

Exterior color: Khaki Green
    Interior color: White
    Interior chest pocket
    Only one front edge pocket (possibly one was removed)
    Belt Loops on the rear waist
    Top two buttons are original to the coat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Shape, color pleases me, as well as buttons and two lateral loops. You can make a photo of the inside ?
    Thank.
    Philippe

?

Quote by Moonswalker View Post
    blue telogreika jacket - it Gulag camp uniforms
    If the button-down stamp of "mosshtamp" -100% after 50s
    On war jackets had ties at the back. instead they had belt loops for a belt
    to 43rd was down collar, was dropped - there was a tunic with a high (stand-up) Collar
    No, Telogreika without collar is Обр1932г. The form is designed to be worn under the shinel, in 1941 they introduced model with collar because no all troops were given padded uniform and shinel.

The photo is of POW from winter war, telogreika is without collar like 1932 pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  
    Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket 

?

Telogreika with loops for belt is again later in the war, 1932 model was made with half-belt at the back.
    We know this information is true because as the padded uniform is designed to be worn under the shinel, why would you need belt loops? Only after 1941 when not all troops had shinel were the belt loops introduced.
    Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket  Identifying a telogreika jacket 

Forum, I have had a bit of good luck in the Telogrieka hunt in the last year. First I show you this one. It is as follows:

Green/Khaki exterior
    Grey Cotton interior (same material as many prewar and early war pilotka)
    Buttons are large composite material
    cuff buttons are small pebbled steel buttons as seen on some cloth Ammo pouches (added by me as these were missing)
    Rear half belt
    No internal chest pocket.

What is most interesting about this specimen is that although it is in better condition, it is otherwise identical to the specimen Philippe posted in the first page of this thread (look at the factory stamps). Philippe mentioned that he replaced the front buttons on his jacket and that the cuff buttons were original. This is interesting because his cuff buttons are identical to the front buttons on mine. I will say again that I added the cuff buttons to mine and had to move the front buttons back to the original location. Those buttons had been moved to the right to tighten the jacket fit.

Comments?
    Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket

Dom
    ?

Hi Mike

She is very well this jacket or is the problem ?

Dom,

No, no problems to my knowledge and wisdom. This is a very fine specimen I believe.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast