Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    This is a very fine specimen I believe.
    Yes I think also

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Hey folks,

just popped into this nice forum during a research about a russian jacket I got last week directly from an attic.
    First I supposed it to be a Telogreika but in between I am quite curious about it. It was found together with WW2 period stuff, German, Hungarian, Russian mix. I cleaned it - what I normally try to avoid at old textiles - but it was so super dirty and wet that I was feared that it could start fouling. I followed a bit you very interesting conversation about the different types, and after looking again at this jacket I am pretty much not sure what the hell this might be. Sorry for bad light, I may redo some pics in sunlight if needed. I tried to show details like stamps, straps, buttons, collars, pockets. First thing I noticed that it has not the vertical stitching although the jacket is completely padded and quite heavy. The internal stitching also shows a quite uncommon pattern. Then we have no internal pocket. We have a sqared stamp and something what might be the remains of a rhombic one. Belt straps on the back. Shoulder straps are where thes should be. Remaining buttons in two sizes from steel with soviet star and insignia on it. Unfortunately most buttons are missing. Small buttons are sitting under the collar. One of these fell off during cleanind so I had the chance to make single pics of it. Maybe helpful... The outer pockets also look different from most of what I saw here.
    What do you think ot this jacket? Any idea ot maybe some of you have similar one or pics where to see. War time or post war? I really don't know. Interesting anyhow.
    Thanks for any comment. Sorry for mixing up the order of the pics, I am not familiar with the uploader here.
    Cheers
    Stef[
    ATTACH=CONFIG]697335[/ATTACH]Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Dom
    ?

Hi ,

original Bushlat to me , see this : Officers coat

Thanks Dom,
    I wonder why I did not stumble across this type before. Now I see much clearer.
    Do u know the purpose of the small buttons under the left and right side of the collar? Am I right if I guess these are for fixing the shoulder straps?
    cheers
    stef

Dom
    ?

Quote by nudelmannrichter View Post
    Do u know the purpose of the small buttons under the left and right side of the collar? Am I right if I guess these are for fixing the shoulder straps?
    Yes exactly

Ok, thanks.
    I am just trying to find more reference on the net but I find nearly nothing despite form the link you gave above.
    Doesn't seem to be that common. Is there any indication if this type has been more used by infantery or motorized units? I read soemthing that it might be common at tank sous-officers but could not find confirmation. A pitty that so many buttons are missing. Does not look easy to get some original wartime ones. The belt straps on the back allow only a belt width of about 35 mm.Is that the withs of the common leather belt with brass buckle or is this a different one only with a smaller clasp?

cheers from germany
    stef

Default My Second Specimen

Hello all,

Just revisiting this thread and realized that I forgot to share my second specimen acquired this year. Basically it is the same as the last one that I shared back in post 188. Again, it is as follows:

Green/Khaki exterior
    Grey Cotton interior (same material as many prewar and early war garment interior details
    Buttons are all small pebbled steel buttons,all factory sewn. (like I sewed to the cuffs of my last shared example)
    Rear half belt, with an odd buckle variation
    No internal chest pocket.

This specimen only has some minor staining. It is otherwise unworn.

Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket)

Hi Mike,

Very nice Telo

The buckle is similar to what can be found on many french equipements from WW2.

Best regards

Bruno

Hello,

To add on, here is my recently aquired telo. It is unfortunaly not a brand new item and it as suffered several damages but it seems to be an old production.

It does not have the internal Pocket so could fit with the war production. As well the lining is light blue. Exterior is now dark grey but we could consider it was black at some points. It as a rear half belt with an old buckle.

I was thinking at a possible tank crew telo as we saw some wearing dark/black telo on some photos

What do you think?

All the best

Bruno

Bruno,

Similar to the one Collin was asking help with. A nice look to this one and it sure looks the part, and I imagine was not so expensive. A great one to make the collection with and not have to worry too much either way. Sellers link the black telogrieka to tank troops quite often. I have seen it stated as such at least three times just this past month in fact. Personally, I have my doubts that the tank troops got them at any higher percentage than the rest of the Red Army. My opinion of course... if someone has more definitive information, I am eager to hear or see it.

Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast