Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Quote by HeavyFooted View Post
    Hello All! I've just seen a listing on Ebay for some of these wonderful Telogreykas.

I think they are post-war judging by the information about them saying the date of manufacture is 1973, and while they may be original Russian made/same type of style and composition they may differ from the specificity's needed for WW2 reenactments.
    I have purchased one and will send photo's if you guys would like to see their product and how closely they follow to the real WW2 style!

Thanks for your time,

- HeavyFooted
    Forgot to include the link, sorry about that.

Sign in or Register | eBay

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

The link dosn't seem to be functioning. I'll paste the link again New Telogreyka Russian USSR Soviet Army Padded Jacket Telogreika Vintage WW2 | eBay

If that dosn't work the jacket(s) are for sale on Ebay and are being sold by the title of "New Telogreyka Russian USSR Soviet Army Padded Jacket Telogreika Vintage WW2"

Hello all! My jacket has finally arrived and here are some pictures of it!Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket

Typical post war jacket.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hello guys,

What is your opinion about this telogreika jacket? They told me that this telogreika pow jacket is but I'm not sure.
    Could it be a pre war jacket? Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket

I would say this is a POW jacket, probably used in a Gulag ("ГУЛАГовская") or maybe its a German Heimkehrer dress. No post war, the collar was added since 1941 according to the order No. 283, but I think this telo is early post war. Gulag telos had a white prisoner number label on the chest. This is a long thread and everyone here has his own opinion about telos. Most of the blue telos with collar are POW German or Russan jackets. Blue telos without a collar have a better chance to be a prewar uniform part. All telos with collar, which I have seen in museums or books were not blue, but green, beige, grey, but never blue. Blue telos were also never used in Russian movies, made in the 60s and 70s. And never forget, telos were also used civil by farmers, miners and so on...

Here are some examples:

M41 telo, used by soldiers during wartime:

M41 POW Gulag telo (probably late 40s / 50s):

I would add that in the Russia telogreika has always been the most common and widespread of clothing, especially in the villages - because it is warm, it is not a pity to rip (her low cost). In the 1980s, young people were kind of funny "fashion" - almost all wore telogreika - to school, to shop, to visit... During the Soviet era and even later, we were given telogreika as a special garment workers of practically all professions. I myself wore them at work for several years. Telogreika for workers usually had a black and blue color, sometimes - khaki (I think, from the remnants of military production). Black jacket without collar was made for prisoners (almost all telogreikas sewn by prisoners).

Dom
    ?

Hi ,

Knowledge has advanced considerably since the start of this thread, I would say there are enough good examples to get a concrete idea among these pages.

Thanks for the information!

Default My new Telogrieka... another for the advancement of this thread!

Some time back, VVadim made this statement...

"Sleeves' liner was made from flannel and body liner was made from calico. Find real WW2 jacket is close to impossible."

This statement always left me perplexed. The manufacturing specification may have called for flannel sleeve lining, but I have seen too many Vatnik to believe that a wartime specimen must conform 100% to what is said in this statement. There are dated examples that have cotton lining through out, sleeves included. I would even go as far to say that most wartime examples do not adhere to the specification with regard to sleeve lining. That is my opinion.

Up until today, I had never even seen a specimen with flannel sleeve lining. Now I offer this specimen for review.

This specimen is unissued... olive exterior, gray cotton "calico" interior to the torso. Greay fleeced cotton flannel liner to the sleeves. Also note that the sleeves are not "quilted" like the torso, but simply plain. There is no cotton wadding in the sleeves, just the exterior and flannel liner. All the buttons are factory machine sewn.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast