Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Here is telogreika which I own for some time, comes from Germany. First, I wasn't sure of it's military origin but having read this thread I have no doubts. Seems to be pre-early was obr.1932 with rear hlf belt to be worn under overcoat. WWII steel buttons were added recently to replace missing ones. Deffinitaly not a civilian model-short, colarless with 5 buttons. Probably from a liberated Soviet POW, and let me explain why-the reason is a...buton.

However there's one thing which I think wasn't mentioned here. What about pocketless vatniks? This one seem never to never had pockets. Also digging through photographs, especially from early war period I think there's some numer of pocketless jackets being worn. Manufacturers regulations or removed to save fabric during the war?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

The only marking I was able to find is "4" inside jacket. Maybe it's a size but having looked closer I think there could be a another digit next to it but wasn't stamped properly. So maybe a date? Interior is grey, the photo showing full interior shows it bluish but that's due to bad photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

And now the buton. Actually I've only seen a similar sleeve button in one case-in post #36-thin zinc buton coated with grey fabric. I removed this one from telogreika as thread was very loose and I decided to sewn it on again. Meanwhile I noticed that buton looks familiar-and found it. Next to a buton from telogreika is a identical buton-of course without fabric which decomposed during 70+ years. This one was found between ruins of military buildings which from autumn 1941 to mid 1943 served as Stalag for Soviet POWs, so Soviets held there were rather captured in early period of war-most of tchem porbably in tragic months of 1941 and early 1942. You can see the construction and size of both buttons is the same, I haven't seen any similar buton on any different soviet gear or uniform. Could it be also from telogreika?

In summer 1944 Germans demolished these buildings and there was no activity since WWII. So this can only be from one period.

Any thoughts on this one?

hello! I was hoping to get some opinions on this telogreika jacket that has recently popped up at an auction house! according to the auction house "stamping and lining indicates being issued in 1941". I requested more photos of the tunic and this is what i had received. from reading everybody's posts here everything seems to check out as being ww2 issued but im no expert and this is my first time dealing with ww2 Russian memorabilia! (also I see no stamping inside the tunic)

?

I'd definitely ask to see the stamping they refer to; i suspect if there was one that said '1941' they'd have sent it.

That this thread is now on it's 26th page attests to the fact that there is a lot of variation in wartime patterns; belt loops, fall collars, straps, pockets, lining colour....

The lack of an internal pocket is a good indicator for wartime, at worst early 1950s. Personally I'd be happy to have this one in my collection if the price was right!

awesome thank you very much for the opinion, and yes! 26 pages! i read threw every comment within the past few days trying to identify the tunic i posted. everything seems to check out as being war time but i just wanted to have that clarification from someone more knowledgeable. i collect more ww2 Japanese but always wanted to start a russian set up. thought this might be the perfect tunic for it as when i hear "ww2 russian solder" i always though of this jacket

?

Hello!
    Can anyone tell me what I have?
    The coat has a double closure of five buttons, unfortunately most of the buttons are missing.
    обр.1942?

Identifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacketIdentifying a telogreika jacket
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  
    Last edited by Sten; 02-03-2020 at 04:01 PM. Reason: More information

Dom
    ?

Hello ,
    it is not a Telogreika but it looks like a Bushlat обр.41, there are several examples on the forum ...

?

Okey,thanks!
    I tried to search and find out more on the internet but could not find any information.
    Any links maybe for more information about this type of bushlat?

BR,
    Sten

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast