Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

In my case I brought a lot of paper, I have yet to see a photograph of time with the famous little belt, what do you think of the jacket which I put the pictures

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I can't believe that all the approx a 10 of vatniks found by me in Germany with other soviet stuff as a dated trousers and budionovkas and ushankas, was especiaslly "civil" supply for POW's.
    Dimas, Many POWs were not home until 1956, that is 10 1/2 years after the war ended. I think the odds of these Black, Blue, Gray Telogrieka coming out of Germany are much more in the favor of being postwar manufactured. Civil or Military issue is a mystery. Dated material I am not debating.

Yes with Ostfront and elsewhere I have seen short telogreika with no collar,military style as you say, in black/gray and blue. I would agree most are longer with collar, but not always. Also sometimes with military type buttons but smooth with no state symbol. I have always considered these as POW items and probably civil in origin. This is my opinion only however.

Hi,
    I am of the opinion Dimas, originally telogreika should be worn under the coat and then it became a separate room in uniform.
    How many factories were built during the War of telogreika ? Many, I think, and all had different ways of making them with different materials, different colors,.....not to mention that it is also a civilian clothing.
    The copy I found is authentic and has a belt at the rear. Reduced between 1941 and 1944 by a Ostruppen in Normandy, this proves the manufacturing telegreika with a belt at the rear during the Great Patriotic War.
    The Red Army is not an easy topic, and I think we all still have much to learn about the uniforms and equipment of the Red Army. Official documents, photos,.... are a source of great interest to learn, but sometimes you have to look elsewhere and think that everything is specified in the documents.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Philippe,

Thank you for reminding us of your example... For those who missed it, it is in post #5 of this thread, go have a look.

I would also remind everyone, that many articles of clothing were NOT produced in factories, but were made in homes, and what is commonly referred to a "Cottage Industry". This can also explain the slight variances in color, fabric, thickness, etc, etc.

When you are making these in your home, in the evening, after a day of work, you may cut corners that those in a factory might not have. You might make do with what you have available, regardless of what the "standard" is, or says it should be.

Boridin

?

Dom, I mean this . This order is clearly says:
    It can be produced with both types of collars, stand and fall- depends of the wish of the producer.
    As there is a written could be used both types : belt loops or a string. Again, depends of the wish of the technologist
    There nothing concerned a model
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Michael, I disagree about the postwar watniks used on the POW's, most part of the POW's are getting back with the end of the war back to USSR , I did not think that the Germans supply Soviet POWs with the exact same model and materials but made in German jackets especially fo the Soviets.
    Surely the watniks from the Germany belonged to the Soviet POW's. Not a German Pows who ae getting back to the Germany and was go trough the filter camps, where all their old uniforms was immediately put to the fire. Ususally items can be found in Germany: a backpack m 39, Budionovka or M40 hat, padded trousers ( never seen marked later than 1941) and the jackets, which is surely belonged to the Sov POW, they was a millions there
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dom
    ?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Dom, I mean this . This order is clearly says:
    It can be produced with both types of collars, stand and fall- depends of the wish of the producer.
    As there is a written could be used both types : belt loops or a string. Again, depends of the wish of the technologist
    There nothing concerned a model
    Dimas
    I must translate the document it takes me a little more time than you
    However I note that there is no date

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Philippe,

Thank you for reminding us of your example... For those who missed it, it is in post #5 of this thread, go have a look.
    Unfortunately nobody seems to be able to show a picture with the belt in time of war when there are examples without belts.
    I observed the copy that Philip found in Normandy. There is one thing that appeals to me
    I posted a document that says the Red Army adopted the holding in August 1941.
    Ukraine was occupied in September 1941 until end of August 1944 (I have not set a specific date) my question is how the pants he may have a marking indicating that it was manufactured in the Republic of Ukraine (YCCP) while the republic was occupied throughout the war ??

Dom
    ?

Another picture without the inner ring
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast