Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

++
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Dom
    ?

Internal pocket sewn original
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

Dom
    ?

Neck and shoulder seam

Dom
    ?

+++

Hi,
    Here is a picture of the last French PWO who was detained in the USSR. He returned in 1955, in his Russian uniform as indicated in the text.
    His telogreïka is similar to that of German prisoners, with the collar turned down.

Identifying a telogreika jacket

I had a copy of this model telogreïka but I did not keep. Telogreïka was the long, gray outside and white inside. The buttons were those of kriegmarine.
    The question is whether there was telogreïka model that was made only for POW ?
    Philippe

Dom
    ?

In this picture, this jacket is a production civil is still manufactured today (collar and angled pockets).
    These photos of POW have one thing in common, the jackets are always new

Dom
    ?

Quote by Philippe View Post
    The question is whether there was telogreïka model that was made only for POW ?
    Philippe
    For me the question always remains the same: Does someone is able to provide a picture with the back waist during the war.
    In post 126 Dimas said that the document states with or without the belt back. That is correct but the document is from 1944 which greatly reduces the margin of production. The Telogreika prisoners of war are a red herring, please return to the original subject.

Hi,
    Dom, I think it is still possible to ask the questions that I wish on this forum.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Dom
    ?

Hi Philippe ,
    Of course , but I still think the vatnik POW are a subject that has little to do with war production .

Dom,

My motivation in discussing the POW Vatnik is an attempt to rule those out of the wartime production population. I think this is important because they make up a large percentage of the "old looking" Telogreika being offered in various venue as wartime Red Army.

I am with you in the need to see a photo showing the rear belt. I will check a couple of contacts that I have who maintain good photo archives in their collecting. I have been through most of what I have and I cannot find such a photo. Everything I can find that has a clear view of the back all show no belt.

Dom, are the buttons on the gray telogreika you have been showing the original sewings? I like them a lot...
    Last edited by Wesley's Dad; 01-17-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast