Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

Dom
    ?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Hi Mike ,
    Yes these are the buttons are gray Telogreika
    Forgive my mistake, but if we talk about different things the thread becomes
    difficult to follow .
    Sorry

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

Dom,

No worries my friend... Let me turn this around for a moment and ask you a question regarding this telogreika you show. Is there a specific detail that has you uncertain about the time of construction such as the color? For me, that is the only reason for pause, the color. I like the construction, the buttons, everything else. I pause for a harder look not because I feel think that wartime were only Khaki exterior. I do not believe that to be true. I pause only because almost all the Heimhehrer jackets are Black, Blue, and Gray. That is what has to be ruled out or reasonably explained away. But then I only say pause, not stop... In my opinion the color is acceptable. I think if the price was reasonable on this telogeika when you factor in the degree of uncertainty, I would have a strong interest in it. I feel it has good chance to be wartime made. Hard to put into words, but it just doesn't look the part of a "Heimkeherjacke" I wish I could explain why... just my initial impressions I suppose.

Dom
    ?

Mike ,
    Russians collectors say that the color gray is acceptable in wartime. I asked a friend in Russia to submit this jacket to collectors, here's the answer I received:
    "But good collectors on your photos have told, that it is the original of
    1941 and already asked me to sell this telogreika..."

That sounds like good comments to me... If you do not already, I hope you own it soon! I think it is a positive sign when you show an item and collectors come out from behind every tree and from under every stone to try and purchase it from you.

Dom
    ?

It seems to me that this is the best answer, he then added that even in Russia these jackets were very difficult to find
    Yes, I have already recovered the Vatnik
    Thank you again Mike

Ok... This photo is certainly NOT conclusive. However, it is the only thing I can find so far. The MG loader is wearing a waistbelt with an M/N leather ammo pouch on it. However, there is a second belt of some sort above it and some sort of buckle is showing.

Sorry for the photo of a photo, but it is the best I can do at the moment... Looks a little like a picture of the Loch Ness Monster, but I promise that is not me or any of my friends in the photo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

?

The pictures of the vatniks I've shared is surely POW's watniks, but belonged to the Soviet POWs, not a German POW's who is returned back. There was a several Polish pre war watniks too. The Germany was fullfill with a free workers from Eastern lands. And that is a not a first time I see grey war time watniks. I did found them from the Russian sources too. The German POWs mostly has a civil uniform, but a couple of pictures, where they weart military stuff.
    I did seen examples which was pre war years dated, and surely the watniks was discovered in communal grave from the Finnish war, where the bodies and uniforms was preferly preserved
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Dom
    ?

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Ok... This photo is certainly NOT conclusive. However, it is the only thing I can find so far. The MG loader is wearing a waistbelt with an M/N leather ammo pouch on it. However, there is a second belt of some sort above it and some sort of buckle is showing.
    Thank you Mike
    I think it's the loop that we distinguish
    the production of jackets is therefore consistent with the document that says "that padded jackets Were Issued Two types: with a belt behind a back and without it."

Dimas,

Is the buttons in this photo of your vatnik made of aluminum?
    Identifying a telogreika jacket

And this one below... the military style buttons with no national symbol, those buttons are the original ones to the vatnik correct?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket  

?

Michael, the first is aluminum, and the second is without symbols, are quite simoli to find in the prewar overcoats on the back part. I did not touch and everything is original to the vatniks, even some of them period placed back ( repaired)
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast