MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Identifying a telogreika jacket

Article about: Gentlemen, Since my childhood, the image of the soviet soldier of the Great Patriotic War included the telogreika padded jacket. For me it is an iconic part of his uniform, and it has ever s

?

Default Re: Identifying a telogreika jacket

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    Dimas, thanks for your answer. A nice, short and concise description of the attributes of a wartime Telogreika that will surely be incredibly useful.

Philippe, thanks a bunch for posting the photos of your jacket and trousers. Wonderful specimens, congratulations. They distill history through every one of its stitches. I´ll be impatiently waiting for the photos of the other telogreika trousers and jacket.

I just hope someday a stash of padded jackets is discovered in an obscure former Red Army depot and a good amount of wartime telogreikas appear on the market to make us soviet militaria collectors happy. Otherwise, I think it is virtually impossible to find decent specimens of this garment nowadays.

Regards,

Gus
    There still a lot of stocks in Russia, Ukraina and Belorussia where still a lot of them, about 10 years ago, I had a nice day to buy 7 pieces in mint, all was dated 1941 year from Belorussian military stocks, but unfortunately contact with that guy was lost...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Identifying a telogreika jacket
    P
    Many

?

As I can say:
    That is very hard nowadays get a good Soviet uniforms and equipment. Most of the peoples is wondered why the dealers whith good stuff has a highest prices by telling them- "you ahve a extrimelly high prices, I found my for 60 USD in eBay only."
    Most of the items on the market is postwar items remarked to the wartime, or fakes.
    Due of all the stuff was used after the war and if you can find a original example in old attic, it will be in un-restorable condition, other way that all the uniforms in pre-war period must be returned by demobilized soldier back to the stock.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    As I can say:
    That is very hard nowadays get a good Soviet uniforms and equipment. Most of the peoples is wondered why the dealers whith good stuff has a highest prices by telling them- "you ahve a extrimelly high prices, I found my for 60 USD in eBay only."
    Most of the items on the market is postwar items remarked to the wartime, or fakes.
    Due of all the stuff was used after the war and if you can find a original example in old attic, it will be in un-restorable condition, other way that all the uniforms in pre-war period must be returned by demobilized soldier back to the stock.
    So true. Tell me about fakes and remarked items, I have discovered I have a nice collection of fake soviet GPW dated stamps, without even pretending to...

Gus

?

I do not have a base of fake stamps, to me the stamp is not important thing, if item looks to me authentic - I take it, but if the item marked- that is great!
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by guscanoesp View Post
    So true. Tell me about fakes and remarked items, I have discovered I have a nice collection of fake soviet GPW dated stamps, without even pretending to...
    Gus
    Don't sweat it Gus... Speaking for myself; I have owned more than quite a few bad things in the past. AND, I am certain that 99.9% of other collectors have also.

Just ask the Third Reich guys... They are first and foremost at the "front" of this issue

The beauty of these online discussion forums is exactly this: "Discussion". I wish they were more prominent and available during my early collecting years.

Ask questions BEFORE you buy, if your own research does not satisfactorily produce a comfortable feeling for you. THE BUYER MAKES THE FINAL DECISION - Remember that. There is nobody holding a gun to your head making you buy something.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Quote by RichieC View Post
    Don't sweat it Gus... Speaking for myself; I have owned more than quite a few bad things in the past. AND, I am certain that 99.9% of other collectors have also.

Just ask the Third Reich guys... They are first and foremost at the "front" of this issue

The beauty of these online discussion forums is exactly this: "Discussion". I wish they were more prominent and available during my early collecting years.

Ask questions BEFORE you buy, if your own research does not satisfactorily produce a comfortable feeling for you. THE BUYER MAKES THE FINAL DECISION - Remember that. There is nobody holding a gun to your head making you buy something.

Quote by RichieC View Post

Wise words, Richie.

Contrary to other fields of collecting, such as Third Reich or U.S. Army WWII militaria, educating yourself or asking in a forum some years ago was next to impossible when it came to soviet GPW uniforms and equipment.

While there were an almost endless amounts of books and other sources regarding German or American militaria, there was a black hole of information about anything GPW soviet. I remember having the Shalito´s skinny book and the Osprey books as my only source of info for a long time.

Today it has somehow changed. For example, I bought my soviet helmet only after carefully searching, investigating in the WWW and buying the only book on the market (correct me if I am wrong) about soviet helmets, the Clawson book.

I wish we had that type of info available decades ago.

Gus

Hi,

Take a look at these photos of another telogreika I have been offered.

What can you folks say about it?

Is it wartime?

The colour seems to be consistent with a wartime specimen, but there is a stitched horizontal line on the inside of the jacket that does not appear in the one Philippe posted.

Thanks for your answers.

Regards,

Gus
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying a telogreika jacket   Identifying a telogreika jacket  

?

This one looks to me authentic. But for a final decission, I woluld see close ups of the liner, and cloth. Also there any traces of stampings?
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    This one looks to me authentic. But for a final decission, I woluld see close ups of the liner, and cloth. Also there any traces of stampings?
    Thanks for your answer, Dimas. No, there are no signs of stampings (at least that is what the dealer tells me).

I told me to send me close-up photos, but they came out very unclear.

I am posting the best I got. Not much, but it is the only thing I have.

Regards,

Gus
    Attached Images Attached Images Identifying a telogreika jacket 

?

The jacket looks good to me, but my point- this is not professisonal dealer. The stuff must be offered with all the clear and detailed pictures. Ask him one more time for better quality pictures, simply I met the problem with unclean pictures on ebay- the stuff I got after- was a fakes.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast