Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43

Article about: Hello everyone, I have an M43 tunic which defies any explanation. It does not have button cuffs and generally doesn't look like it should. Explanations welcome! Could it be lend-lease, 'blok

Default Question: M43

Hello everyone,

I have an M43 tunic which defies any explanation. It does not have button cuffs and generally doesn't look like it should.

Explanations welcome! Could it be lend-lease, 'blokada' production or even WWI?

Thanks

BP
    Last edited by Brigade Piron; 12-19-2010 at 09:58 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43

Forgot to mention, it has a label which says 40 on the neck, and a visible (orange) stamp reading 52. There is below it a totally illegible stamp in white with a box arround it.

Also, as you can see from the above photo, the sholder boards are dated '45.

Thanks

It is certainly not a Lend-Lease item - and in any case: "Lend-Lease" only supplied fabric and accouterments such as buttons - never the finished product...

...and it definitely does not "look as it should" - That means nothing IMO. The Tsarist gymnasterka was similar - so legitimate point - but still different.

So, however, my only opinion is that there were many Red Army soldiers and commanders that hand made, and had made their wear from captured items and stocks.

There exists period photos to prove such. I have a few on hand, but not available to show at this time.

I am certain Dom has an opinion about this also - perhaps he will state it.

Still, a very interesting item that is worthy of discussion that I would not discount as a fantasy piece or a "fuflo".
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Don't understand the traces on the breast.
    Is it sewn holes or what it is?

Dom
    ?

Hi,

The position of the pockets (?) is also very low (i suppose that the pockets were internal, there is no trace on the sides).
    The cloth seems old but unknown to me , the shape of the cuffs did not match anything known for M43 gimnastiorka .
    However the 5 peaks the passing for pogony is much more recent.
    Verry strange tunic !

( Komrade, please give your opinion )

Could it possibly be a female gymnastiorka?

Boridin

The pockets wern't external - it was just the flaps that were there, they were just for decoration.
    Dom - what is 'peaks'?

Thanks
    BP

Dom
    ?

Quote by Brigade Piron View Post
    Dom - what is 'peaks'?

Thanks
    BP
    5 pics , sorry

Dom
    ?

Quote by Brigade Piron View Post
    The pockets wern't external - it was just the flaps that were there, they were just for decoration.
    Thanks
    BP
    So it is possible that this is a civilian manufacturing tunic