Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M43 Non-Removable Pogoni

Article about: Dear Associates, Do any of you own a gymnasterka(s) with non-removable (sewn-in) shoulder-boards? If so, I'd appreciate seeing images on how they attach. A translated descripition of regulat

Default M43 Non-Removable Pogoni

Dear Associates,

Do any of you own a gymnasterka(s) with non-removable (sewn-in) shoulder-boards?

If so, I'd appreciate seeing images on how they attach. A translated descripition of regulation would be ideal, but I will not hope so high.

I have a few period images of them in use, but attachment details are unclear.

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M43 Non-Removable Pogoni
    P
    Many

Default Re: M43 Non-Removable Pogoni

Hello. I understand this is an older post but I will respond as I might have answer.
    Yes I do have such a gymniastiorka with sewn-in pogoni.I am not able to get images and I apologize.I can breifly describe it:
    I obtained it for $20 and is a smaller size for my 10 year old son(he's the Son of the Regiment in our unit). The tunic/shirt is a post-war and probably made for a cadet.
    The pogoni is folded over at the portion where the shoulder meets the upper sleeve. The other end (by the shoulder button) is sewn down at each of the corners before the pogoni tapers to a point by the shoulder button. There is no piping and, by the way, the pogoni are the same color as the rest of the shirt. I hope this is of some help to you.
    Eric

I have a female Officer tunic. It has a "sleeve" for lack of a better term, that allows the normal pogorni to be attached by sewing, with out the use of any button.

Boridin

Dom
    ?

Richie,

not much detail but this pogony seems sewn .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M43 Non-Removable Pogoni