Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

My only Soviet uniform

Article about: Here are the inside images... I turned the tunic inside out for these shots. There are no stampings. There is no liner, other than the pockets. They are very worn, so I figure any stampings

?

Default Re: My only Soviet uniform

Here are the inside images... I turned the tunic inside out for these shots. There are no stampings. There is no liner, other than the pockets. They are very worn, so I figure any stampings would have been worn away long ago.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My only Soviet uniform   My only Soviet uniform  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My only Soviet uniform
    P
    Many

?

Here is an image of the wound stripes and a button. The thread attaching the wound stripes is the same as used on the shoulder board. The reason I dont think that it was assembled for re-enacting is that I feel that the thread is not very strong, due to age. I dont think that it would last more than a couple of events under normal usage. The material for the pockets will easily tear if much pressure is placed in them.

The second photo is of the shoulder board. Again, it is firmly in place but does not feel like the thread is as strong as it used to be. I feel that it would not hold up well under active use due to age.

The last photo is of the strange ribbon bar. What are the first two ribbons? I dont think that they are soviet as they are too wide. I do not feel that they are reproduction. They represent something! I just do not know what.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My only Soviet uniform   My only Soviet uniform  

My only Soviet uniform  

I believe the small internal buttoned pocket for the identity book was a post war addition and something not found on wartime made Gym's.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thanks Ade! It there a way to verify this one way or another?

If it is a post war assembly, it was definitely done immediate post war. The threads attaching the insignia would not be usable today for even applying insignia. I dont think that it could take the weight needed to pull everything tight with assembly.

I think that the tunic is the way it was when worn by the NCO, whether it be during WW2 or immediately there after.

I want to know more about the pocket modification and the ribbon bar.

I have the trousers and the cap that go with the tunic. If there is interest, I will post more images of these too.

Sorry I cannot help on the ribbon bar.

I would like to see the trousers (sharivari.) These will sometimes be dated on the waistband. But the general style can sometimes help date them.

The date in the Pilotka looks good. Again I would enjoy seeing more.

Cheers, Ade.

The ribbon bar appears a bit strange - The left two ribbons appear to be a bit "elongated", compared to the rest; Like the bar itself was made for FIVE ribbons, and the left two adapted to accomodate only FOUR - It is an "absolute" possibility however...

The only "wide" ribbon that I know of is for the ORDER OF VICTORY.

From L - R: The first is unknown to me, the second is for the Order Of Lenin (that appears to have a "split" in the center). Third; Capture of Berlin medal. Fourth; Liberation of Warsaw medal.

IMO, the tunic itself can date from late 1940x and beyond - thru 1960X. I agree with Ade about the pocket design. I would guess for myself - early 1950X.

Buttons can be replaced, and insignia added quite easily in any case...

Dimas is pretty sharp as far as dating these is concerned. I'm sure he will give his opinion soon enough...

I still would like to see more of the Pilotka...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Shoulderstraps are fakes and gym itself circa 60's made, sorry
    Too nice qualit yshoulderstraps and looks like constructed together with sergant stripes and cardboard, not good material base of shoulderstraps too.
    Gymansterka is usually 1958- but mostly 1960's made army issued model
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

From the post 10 first picture, the hat's lining and the sweatband's oilcloth is 70's, sorry
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

What is good IMO is a wound stripe
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    From the post 10 first picture, the hat's lining and the sweatband's oilcloth is 70's, sorry
    Let us allow some more photos from wehrmachtsanitater (Do you have a first name that we may address you by? ) to be shown of the Pilotka.

Dim, I actually think it may be indeed late war Pilotka that he has... The stamp may be OK... No?

It could be 1948 stamp, as 1943 stamp is close to 1948 and may be faded or "erased" by former "seller". However, grey sweatband is very similar to those made in Berlin by EREL-ROBERT LUBSTEIN FACTORY in early postwar years...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast