Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I would appreciate some help with clothing related artefacts, can you please help me. First question relates to these kinds of hooks. Are they uniform or undergarment relate

Jan
    ?

Default Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)

Hello gentlemen,

I would appreciate some help with clothing related artefacts, can you please help me. First question relates to these kinds of hooks. Are they uniform or underwear related. They come in two different sizes (the ones pictured here are the bigger ones).

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)   Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)
    P
    Many

?

Hook & eye fittings, usually used as collar fasteners on tunics (as I am sure you know), though they are unusually large - probably from a Red Army shinel (greatcoat).

?

hi there. these are from uniform
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Military-archeology-Legenda-Latvia/224779244335847

http://www.hobbyhistorica.com/

Jan
    ?

Thanks for the help, I actually didn´t know they are collar fasteners. The small ones are ca 1 cm in diameter. Now I need to find a picture of exactly how they were looked on the uniform.

Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Another item from the same context.

Best, Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)   Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jan View Post
    Another item from the same context.

Best, Jan
    just a guess, but could this be a pull through chain for cleaning a rifle barrel?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Jan
    ?

Thanks MAP, that could actually be it. Don´t know what it´s called in Russian, so I haven´t been able to find any photos to confirming it.

Best, Jan

?

Hi Jan,
    I don’t think I made my explanation clear... the small types (c.10mm) would be used on the collar.
    These larger versions would be used to fasten the front closure of the coat itself.
    My apologies for the lack of clarity.
    I shall dig out one of my Shinel and add photographs for you, though it may not be possible for a little while.

Jan
    ?

Thank you so much Kohima. This would be very much appreciated. The issue regarding these seemingly unimportant artefacts is of importance in a scientific project. Namely the repatriation of a couple of Soviet WW2 war dead that were exhumed this year under my scientific supervision and with help from the embassy.

We are trying to find out as much as possible about the clothing and other details of the fallen soldiers that could help in their identification.

Best, Jan

?

Jan,
    If I can help in some tiny, tiny way to aid in the repatriation of a soldier, I shall make the time...

Here are a few details of my Obr.1935 Shinel, dated February 1937.
    It’s my pleasure,
    Bob

Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)   Need help with artefacts related to the clothing of Soviet soldiers (1941)  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast