Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

need help with red army medic research

Article about: by Philippe Hi, During my stay in Ukraine, I met several veterans of the medical service and they all said he never wore the armband with the red cross. Regards. Philippe thanks for the tip!

jdamaso
    ?

Default need help with red army medic research

looking into doing a full size uniform of a red army medic, and i cant find anything anywhere with info on it. If anyone knows of any websites or books with pictures please let me know!

2. # ADS

Default Re: need help with red army medic research

Welcome to the forum!

I take it this will be for the Great Patriotic War era?

If so, the uniform is basically the standard RKKA uniform, with medical insignia and Red Cross armband and Medics bag.

Cheers, Ade.

jdamaso
    ?

more specifically uniforms and gear that could have been used during the battle for Stalingrad.

The soldiers would have mostly been wearing the winter weight Obr35 pattern uniforms with subdued collar tabs.

Period photos will show these but worn under the greatcoat or padded jacket.

Headgear will be the pilotka or Ushanka fake fur winter cap. Steel helmets will mostly be the Ssh39 or 40 pattern but some still wore the 36 pattern.

Field gear would be as per the Rifles units, plus Medics bag.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Ade not all the Ushankas was a artificial fur made, some small artels used original sheepskin too
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas, that is correct I just thought I would keep things simple for our comrade until he gets into things in more detail.

Cheers, Ade.

jdamaso
    ?

ok sorry to be such a bother but could you in a little bit of detail tell me what i would need for the basic uniform like name of the pants/jacket/cap/shoulder boards and insignias for them/and if the red cross armband is white with a cross or green and if you know any good sites for me to find originals or repros?

im 21 and just got into this so im pretty lost at the moment.

is this correct and right for the period, i found it on a website that says its ww2 russian sanitar?

Quote by jdamaso View Post
    is this correct and right for the period, i found it on a website that says its ww2 russian sanitar?
    I would start off by having patience and doing some some research on your own. Look on the internet and in books (many probably available at your local library) for period images. After you get a feel for the look of what is being worn (IMO, Ade described some proper garments and accouterments) then we can advise you how to you piece something together - properly - even if it is made of original or original/reproduction components.

Don't go out on whim and spend money on something like you have shown above.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

jdamaso
    ?

Quote by RichieC View Post
    I would start off by having patience and doing some some research on your own. Look on the internet and in books (many probably available at your local library) for period images. After you get a feel for the look of what is being worn (IMO, Ade described some proper garments and accouterments) then we can advise you how to you piece something together - properly - even if it made of of real or real/reproduction components.

Don't go out on whim and spend money on something like you have shown above.
    thats the thing, last week i took out 6 different books and decided on what i was looking to do i was not planing on buying something with out the proper information, i have collected military items since i was 14 but never russian, and that is why i came here to seek advice from people with experience in it. I have a basic idea on how i need to get started, i just wanted to make sure i was going in the right direction. I would love to have an authentic uniform but i know i wont be able to spend what i would like so i am alright with using reproduction items. That is why i asked for information on sites where i could purchase the basic items i need to start and go from there.

Hi,
    During my stay in Ukraine, I met several veterans of the medical service and they all said he never wore the armband with the red cross.
    Regards.
    Philippe

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast