Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

need help with red army medic research

Article about: by Philippe Hi, During my stay in Ukraine, I met several veterans of the medical service and they all said he never wore the armband with the red cross. Regards. Philippe thanks for the tip!

jdamaso
    ?

Default Re: need help with red army medic research

Quote by Philippe View Post
    Hi,
    During my stay in Ukraine, I met several veterans of the medical service and they all said he never wore the armband with the red cross.
    Regards.
    Philippe
    thanks for the tip!

2. # ADS

?

Mostly all the soviet sanitars where the same as the normally infantry soldier, the difference is just a bag with red cross. The padded jacket- telogreika you show abowe is just absurd combination
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi, the telogreika jacket itself would be OK to use, but it would need to be stripped of all the badges and insignia. But the biggest drawback would be it is of the M43 pattern and has no collar. If you wish to do a Stalingrad era display, the earlier pattern with attatched collar would be the one you would need. The pilotka cap would be fine.

You might find my groups website of help. There is a very basic uniform guide there with pics and the names of the items and also a list of suggested suppiers:

Home Page of the 2nd Guards Rifle Division

Hi Philippe, now that is an interesting comment. We were having a discussion about this within our LH group and this was mentioned by someone. Thanks. Armbands are often seen in period photos, but as we all know, many of these were staged for the camera. So what happened in practise could well be different.

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, the telogreika jacket itself would be OK to use, but it would need to be stripped of all the badges and insignia. But the biggest drawback would be it is of the M43 pattern and has no collar. If you wish to do a Stalingrad era display, the earlier pattern with attatched collar would be the one you would need. The pilotka cap would be fine.

You might find my groups website of help. There is a very basic uniform guide there with pics and the names of the items and also a list of suggested suppiers:

Hi Philippe, now that is an interesting comment. We were having a discussion about this within our LH group and this was mentioned by someone. Thanks. Armbands are often seen in period photos, but as we all know, many of these were staged for the camera. So what happened in practise could well be different.

Cheers, Ade.
    I was hoping that you would provide a link to your group's website Ade... Good show-

Perhaps Doc Riley, who is passionately into the Soviet Medical Service BTW, has not yet seen this thread created by this young man. So, perhaps I should contact him to take a look-see? I would think that he may have some direction to point to...

Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

...and also BTW, that "ensemble" is in every sense of the word; "absurd"...

Fine choice of words Dim.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

jdamaso
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

Cheers, Ade.

so this would be the basis of it? then i would have to do the appropriate insignia and rank on the collar?

That one would be fine.

You would need to get rid of the red wound stripes and replace the rifles collar insignia with the medical service collar insignia. (The jacket is a repro 1941 style, modified from a post war 1943 pattern, but is OK)

Cheers, Ade.

?

Just a medic who was on the Infantry unit was worn the same insignia as the others, so you can easily wear the infantry insignia. And remove the wound stripes from jacket, that was not in use on that kind of jackets.
    There was not a M 43 telogreikas, as the telogreikas was produced as a part of uniform being worn under the greatcoat, for extremelly cold climat. But as after the Finnish war this jacket was founded very useful and fit to use without the overcoat, and better than overcoat. The both models with and without collar was M 27 jackets, and most of them was worn without insignia, sometimes insignia was shown from undergarment gimnasterka, which collar was outside of padded jacket. I have seen the variant without collar and dated 1941 year.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Thanks Dimas, that is very good info Our info here in the West is taken from just a few English language books and there is a big tendency to place dates on introduction of items in American fashion. A 1941 dated collarless telogreika is really interesting to hear about.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Here is you can see that all the telogreikas is straight collared, but all the ranks collars visible is from the gimnasterka
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast