Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help on Russian Tunic

Article about: I was offered to buy a Russian Tunic from a Lady, whose son was given this, buy his soccer coach, who is from Russia. I know little about Russian tunics, WW2 and Post WW2, real or Reproducti

?

Default Need help on Russian Tunic

I was offered to buy a Russian Tunic from a Lady, whose son was given this, buy his soccer coach, who is from Russia. I know little about Russian tunics, WW2 and Post WW2, real or Reproductions. Any input, opinions, comments would be greatly appreciated. What the medals , badges, patches, collar boards and shoulder straps mean, original or repros. The photos were sent to me, I tried to enlarge, what I have. There were no inside photos available. Thanks.

Need help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian Tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help on Russian Tunic
    P
    Many

?

If I get a close look at this tunic... is there anything "obvious" (on the inside,,outside), I should look for to identify it as "real", or a repro?"

This is a Cold War era Russian tunic and a rather late one 80-90 if I remember(some one please correct me on the date).
    From the sleeve patch it looks like he was in a artillery unit. Most of the badges are celebration or event bases except for the shield 1 badge which is some form of guard badge(again someone with more knowlage is needed). These usually only command 20-30 dollars when they come up for sale.

CA is the abbreviation for Private Soldiour in Soviet terms as well.

?

I had one almost like it, used it one time in the military when i was on guard duty in HQ of Command South Norway back in the 90s- it was not one of my brightest moves.

I got alot of pepper for that stunt.........

Hi Dave, the shoulder board insignia of "CA" (to English eyes) = "SA" in Cyrillic = Soviet Army.

As said this is a post war tunic for an Artilleryman. The badges are proficiency and sports badges.

Soviet Army Proficiency badges, 1st, 2nd and 3rd class.

Original.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Thanks all for your input. I have not dabbled much in Soviet military items, especially not as modern as this. Thanks again. At least I know what I am looking at and a little wiser.

?

Default Additional Photos

Thanks for all of your help. I have a few more photos that I hope to get some help in identifying the medals and pins. Especially the star medal with Lenin. I can see that the pins seem to be sport related. Any ideas as to the "Blue Shield "1"'? It seems that there is a date on the inside stamp.. Could that also be an Artillery unit mark? Also in one of the pocket flaps, it seems that the soldiers name may be written.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Need help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian TunicNeed help on Russian Tunic

Hi Dave, please read the link it posted in my previous post re the Proficiency badge.

The Lenin badge is the VLKSM (Komsomol) Membership badge.

As stated the other two are sports badges.

It will be his name under the pocket flap.

Tunic is dated 1988.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Dom
    ?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post

The Lenin badge is the VLKSM (Komsomol) Membership badge.

Ade.
    I think that this is a version " Dembel " ( Дембель / demobilization )

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast