Border Guards Tunic

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New Gymnastierka pick up
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: New Gymnastierka pick up

It s maybe a private purchase item, or with redone collar. It may be a NKVD gymnasterka, but could be also OSOAVIAHIM. The hammer and circle is a prints from the soviet m35 star cocade, when someone just just painted the hammer and circle with the pencil and immediately printed .
    The traces from collartabs can be a trace from theater made tabs
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

It's a Border Guards Gymnastierka Dimas. My wife have examined the Gym and i have as well. She is a skilled tailor, proven in many a thread here on our forum. Absolutely nothing indicates that the collar should be redone. Maybe i do not get your point here, but there is no way in hell the print is from the star cockade. These stamps are on the inside/back of the pocket. The Gym looks too dirty and used for a theater Gym in my opinion. I have no ends on this Gym, as i simply just picked it up for a friend. I never told him to buy it or nothing of the sort. IMHO this Gym is as good as many i have handled.

Regards, Lars

Regards, Lars

I am still curious as to why there is a four button front closure (usual is three) and why the "ghosts" of the collar tabs are rectangle/square in shape...

The hammer & sickle stamps are an "oddful" addition also.

Also, I have never come across actual examples or images of an Internal Affairs type Gymnasterka that was strictly intended for Border Guards/Frontier Troops usage.

I am leaning towards the opinion that this is some sort of Soviet Bloc uniform top with RKKA/Soviet Red Army buttons attached due to the attributes listed in the first sentence of this post.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT an expert - as anything is possible. The aforementioned is simply IMO...

Dim, do you stock images of PVKhO uniform examples?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

No, Richie, I didn't have a pictures. It's not a standard gymnasterka, the 4 buttons closure, is similar to the militia. It could be a Border Guards, as the same as a OSAVIAHIM, or private purchase, or a "chief of kolkhoz" made gimnasterka, as the period fashion was a military style. My grandfather wears "galife" style riders breeches with long boots, being the director of local village school up to the mid of 1970's, he was in duty in the WW2, and being "frontovik" he liked this fashion.
    I really don't know Lars, but it's not a typical gym.
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by Dimas View Post
    the 4 buttons closure, is similar to the militia.
    All the M35 type RKM gymnasterka I have seen and own(ed) are with a three button front closure also.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

By order of 1935 it must be 4 buttons front, if I'am not mistaken. But after 43 they have 3 frontal buttons row
    Regards,
    Dimas

Dom
    ?

Richie has eagle eye, very unusual indeed .

?

Here is a M35 Tunic from Frontovik with 4 button as well. Maybe Dimas is right on this. I have both owned and handled quite a few original M35/M43 tunics by now, as well as Lend-Lease and repro's. This tunic looks good in hand. Button holes, collar etc are all sewn with the same "greenish" thread and the Tunic have authentic wear and tear to it.

http://frontovik.com/images/EMM35Gym01.JPG

Regards, Lars

This is a strange one indeed with the pleated pockets... the one on my site (Frontovik) is unusual as well. Still, in all the years I have done this, stuff like this proves to be legit as often, if not more so, than the other way around. For example, there is also a M1935 styled Gymnastiorka that only has a left breast pocket and no right. A factory model in my opinion, way too many wartime photos show these to be anything else.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast