Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

New NKVD Parade Mundir

Article about: I would think this is the correct sub forum to post. I have been very blessed lately being able o lay my hands on two NKVD parade Mundir's. I will post the latest one, a Lieutenant's Mundir.

?

Default New NKVD Parade Mundir

I would think this is the correct sub forum to post.

I have been very blessed lately being able o lay my hands on two NKVD parade Mundir's. I will post the latest one, a Lieutenant's Mundir. I will appreciate fellow members opinions on it. The epaulettes too of course. It has some moth bites to it, but not many actually goes all the way through the fabric.

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade MundirNew NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade MundirNew NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade MundirNew NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir

New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade MundirNew NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade Mundir New NKVD Parade MundirNew NKVD Parade Mundir

Regards, Lars

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New NKVD Parade Mundir
    P
    Many

Default Re: New NKVD Parade Mundir

Looks nice to me Lars, despite the mothing.

I am not overly crazy for the rifles insignia on the shoulderboards though. I would use earlier type stars also...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Thank you very much Richie. I had the same suspicions, but i did not want to write anything. So far i have learned from a collector/NKVD expert that the rifles are copies and the stars are 70's originals.

?

This getting quite irritating. I had a phone conversation with the seller, whom i know quite good. He claims the epaulettes and insignia are originals, that he bought the epaulettes for about 360 Euro(15000 Rubles) and can provide a certificate. Either he's lying or he wont admit he have been had. Unfortunately he went on holiday yesterday. His comment when i presented him the fact that the stars on the epaulettes are 70's, the rifles are repro's and the epaulettes most likely are early post war or repro, he said the people looking at it did not know what they were talking about and "how can they know what our USSR items looked like" etc. I have had the F-B of NKVD uniforms and visors to look at it. He say the exact same thing as Richie. Just a little more detailed. He even sent me reference pics! Now i have 14 days to gather "ammunition" against this guys claim. Will post on Russian forums as well.

Regards, Lars

If the stars and rifles insignia were genuine, then I can see 360 Euros for the shoulderboards, which IMO are authentic and date anywhere from 1943 to the mid 1950s. The cuff and collar insignia can be postwar also as I believe they ceased manufacturing the bullion type around 1948.

Why does everything need to be "WWII"?

IMO, the only Eastern Front genre late war GUARANTEED "WWII" stuff is (genuine) Third Reich...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

?

Thank you for the info Richie. Very helpful Not everything has to be WW2 of course. Not NKVD items anyway.

Regards, Lars

?

I have received some good comments on the Mundir epaulettes on one of the Russian fora. Epaulettes are post war originals. Stars are later, probably 70's as said earlier. They are not so sure the rifle insignia are repro's but it's under question.

Regards, Lars