Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Obr43 Gym: wartime?

Article about: Hi Guys, I would like some opinions on this woolen Obr43 Gym. I was given it to cut up for a medical scenario with our living history group, but even though the gyn is damaged by rodents, I

Default Re: Obr43 Gym: wartime?

Quote by Dimas View Post
    What was the price for a plastic?
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    They were $5 each.

Cheers, Ade.
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    I now have a set of brass buttons to restore the Gym. I will show some pics of it when it is finished.

I looked for some plastic ones but they were too expensive.

Cheers, Ade.
    Small bits such as wartime and early postwar buttons and insignia are becoming really tough to find... Five bucks does indeed sounds steep for such a small thing. But where else can you get such a thing nowadays?
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Obr43 Gym: wartime?
    P
    Many

Hi Richie, the Soviets certainly had US Lend lease wool.

I like your Gym!

Not often I baulk at the cost of something, but 11 buttons at $5 each...

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Guys, the gimnasterka is very nice one and this one is early made one, this I think is not lend -lease.
    Strange think, that American/Brittish gabardine I've seen on the items in pre-var and early war. IMO, this is the material from the Antanta stocks, from civil war. Due of first seen items like early budionovkas, and tunics was made in the same material,( 1920's) I'll post some of them later.
    Ade, today is not a big price for that buttons, I think Russians will buy it immediately for that price. If you'll look about the growing prices, then you will see that this is normal price for today. For example I bought soviet navy caps ( Richie- I'am happy I bought it, but still wait) for 350eur and another early one for 500 eur for collection, I think I got it for reasonable and good price, due of their rariness. But the caps like that simply is unavailable to find...
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Hi Guys, the gimnasterka is very nice one and this one is early made one, this I think is not lend -lease.
    Strange think, that American/Brittish gabardine I've seen on the items in pre-var and early war. IMO, this is the material from the Antanta stocks, from civil war. Due of first seen items like early budionovkas, and tunics was made in the same material,( 1920's) I'll post some of them later.
    Very interesting... One would think that any excess stock of winter-weight material from the 1920s would have been long depleted by mid-war... I suppose anything was possible during those times.

Quote by Dimas View Post
    Ade, today is not a big price for that buttons, I think Russians will buy it immediately for that price. If you'll look about the growing prices, then you will see that this is normal price for today.
    Exactly... Again, this stuff is becoming so scarce, that the old supply and demand law has stepped into this facet of the hobby also...

Quote by Dimas View Post
    I bought soviet navy caps ( Richie- I'am happy I bought it, but still wait) for 350eur and another early one for 500 eur for collection, I think I got it for reasonable and good price, due of their rariness. But the caps like that simply is unavailable to find...
    Dim, you are still waiting for that cap? It has been at least six months since you first told me about it, if I recall correctly.

Have you had any communication from the seller?

?

Hi Richie, no problem, I know that guy personally, this is problems with sending it outside of Russia, only when we meet together- I'll get it
    Regards,
    Dimas

Quote by dimas View Post
    hi richie, no problem, i know that guy personally, this is problems with sending it outside of russia, only when we meet together- i'll get it

Хорошо...

$5 is good for a plastic button! I am shocked.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I've bought a couple of years 20 pcs for 3 $....
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast