Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Officer greatcoat

Article about: I would advice this one- that is a good and rare M 27 http://cgi.ebay.com/WWII-Soviet-Russ...3%3A1|294%3A50

Default Re: Officer greatcoat

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    I'd love to be wrong about what I am about to say, so if someone has info, lets hear it.

I strongly suspect that domed shoulderboard buttons without a rim around the perimeter are postwar even if unmarked on back. A possible exception might be the style of the embossed star on them.

Anyone?
    Mike,

I remember this subject was up for discussion in the past on other forums... I can't remember exactly what opinion(s) I had stated back then, but as with many, including many presently open, I was incorrect...

Please, lets start a new thread about these. I think it would be refreshing, and enlightening to all...

PS Shoulder-boards are a large issue also. I have found that a good portion of discussion on the Russian language forums pertains to them, and they are quite interesting to state the least... But that is yet another theme.
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Officer greatcoat
    P
    Many

Ah yes.. I remember... Considering how I have yet to get my tanker helmet photos up, maybe you should start the thread

Quote by Wesley's Dad View Post
    Ah yes.. I remember... Considering how I have yet to get my tanker helmet photos up, maybe you should start the thread
    Mike,

So be it... I'll start photographing buttons, scanning copies of references and we can create a whole new thread about buttons, and buttons, and buttons...

No joke... They are quite a collectible facet in themselves...

In any case, I'll open up with what I have gathered about these pogoni buttons and then we could move on to all the various others.

This could take years...
    Non nobis, Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3